Chapter 3

"Pikachu, use Quick Attack"
"Pika!" Pikachu surged forward, his speed casing him to be faster than most eyes could follow as he dashed around the battle field, causing his opponent to become disoriented while trying to keep track of his location.
"Charmander, try and hit Pikachu with Flame Thrower!"
Charmander aimed where it thought Pikachu was going to be but missed.
"Ok Pikachu! Now use Iron Tail! Let's wrap this up!"
As Pikachu sped past Charmander, he hit Charmander with Iron Tail, causing the beginner Pokémon to be propelled into the wall of the battlefield as Pikachu's attack hit its mark.
"Charmander is unable to battle, the victory goes to Ash!" The referee called out.

Charmander's trainer ran over to his Pokémon. "You did the best you could Charmander, you have earned a good rest."
The young trainer turned to Ash, a grin on his face.
"Your Picachu really is fast and strong Ash!"
Ash grinned at the young trainer, a smile on his face as well.
"It was fun to just battle for fun again. You have allot of potential Sheldon. Your Charmander will be strong in no time with your help! Don't forget though, he needs to rest and play as well as train."
Sheldon looked thoughtful for a few moments before looking back at Ash and nodding his agreement. "Right! I will make sure to remember that!" Sheldon recalled his Pokémon and started off in the direction of the Pokémon Centre after thanking Ash for what seemed the 100th time.

Ash has been home now for several weeks and had been giving advice to all the new trainers who came through. When he had first arrived home, he was greeted with a big celebratory party where the whole town attended and he was the centre of attention as everyone wanted to meet his Lycanroc and get pictures with him.

Ash walked home with Pikachu and Lycanroc keeping pace, just enjoying the warm sunny day. He found himself thinking about what his next plan was.

Where should I go next? I have competed in every league. Is this the end of my journey?

Ash allowed his mind to wander, thinking back on all the past adventures he has had, the people he met and experiences that helped him grow as a trainer and as who he is now. He couldn't help but think about one person in particular, someone who's smile always made his day better and his adventure that more special.

I wonder what she is doing now? Last I knew she was off to Hoen to continue her dream of performing. I should have kept in touch with everyone better...

Ash walked into living room just in time for the main story on the news. Delila, Ash's mother, and her Mime were sitting on the couch.
"Hello Ash, just in time! I think you should watch this...and before you say no I have a feeling you will want to watch this."
Ash sat in the recliner with Pikachu sprawling out on the arm and Lycanroc curling up beside him.

"The Hoenn Pokémon Contest season has come to an end and a new Champion has been crowned. Runner up from Kalos' Pokémon Performance season last year took Hoenn by storm, winning every event she entered. Serena Yvonne  from Vaniville in Kalos was merciless and perfect in all her contests. Malva has more."
"Champion Serena was flawless in the finals. Braixen, Sylvion, and Pangoro were on point like always, proving that her special and unique style of performing was nothing to scoff at. I caught up to Serena after her victory and asked he what was next for herself. The only information she gave me was that she was going to relax a little before heading onto the next chapter." Malva said. "It is believed that Serena will return to defend her title. It is also believed that she will return to Kalos for a period of time."

Delila turned to Ash and giggled as she saw the look on his face. Ash was staring at the television, seeing video of Serena playing back from her final performance.
"Ash are you ok?"
Pikachu looked at Ash and noticed that he wasn't paying attention. Pikachu decided to snap him back to reality with a small Thunderbolt.
"Pika...chu!!!!"
"Waaa! Ok! Ok stop Pikachu!" Ash called out as smoke wafted up from his head and shoulders. "Sorry about that buddy, I was kinda lost in thought."
"You were thinking about Serena weren't you Ash?"
Ash looked at his mother, a small blush coming to his face.
"Yeah, I was...I forgot how beautiful she is."
Delila chuckled softly. "Well, what are you going do?"
Ash looked at Pikachu and Lycanroc, who was now awake and watching what was going on closely.
"I think it's time I went back to Kalos. I have some unfinished business to attend to and someone I want to see. From there, maybe I will go off to another region but I'm not sure yet." Ash stood quickly and ran upstairs to pack his bag and get his gear organized.
"Mom, I'm sorry, but I want to leave in the morning. I know I wasn't back for long but I know this is the right thing to do."

Delila looked at ash from his bedroom doorway having followed him upstairs.

"I know this is what you were meant for Ash, you and Serena have history and that can't be ignored. Just promise me you will be careful."

Ash grinned happily, knowing he was making the right choice and having his mother in his corner once more proved that.

"I'm always careful, just not always the best judge of situations and my own capabilities. There is a feeling I have that this is going to be the biggest and most important decision I make."

Ash finished packing and kissed his mother goodnight before springing into bed, excited for what was going to come but also nervous as he didn't know what the outcome of his trip to Kalos would really be.