Chapter 35

The evening breeze brought on it laughter and music as the group gathered at Professor Kukui's house enjoyed the cooler evening temperatures while waiting for dinner.

Several tables were placed in a long row so that everyone who was invited could enjoy as a group.

Mallow, Sophocles, Kiawe, Lana and Lilly were laughing as they told Serena stories of Ash when he was attending class with them while Ash, Gladion, Hau, Acerola and Guzma were talking with Kukui and Hala about the coming league.

"Come on man, you gotta tell us who you got while journeying so far!" Hau whined, bringing laughter from both groups. "We have run out of Pokémon to guess!"

Serena sidled up to Ash, laughter passing her lips. "I think you need to put them out of their misery!" She chuckled. "You might as well show them. Besides, I'm sure they are wanting to stretch as it's been a while since they were out of their pokéballs." She finished with a look of worry.

Ash gulped noticeably, remembering that his two new team members were quite touchy with how long they have been kept inside.

"I think your right Serena, it's time they were given some room to stretch their limbs, but I'm going to need the others to help keep those two in check." Ash mused as he pulled out three other pokeballs, tossing them into the air. "Alright you three, I'm going to need to your help!"

The blue lights coalesced into Lucario, Charizard and Greninja, with Pikachu joining them for some high fives off to the side.

Ash turned to his team that were out. "Alright gang, it's time to show everyone your new team mates." He said as he plucked the pair of full pokeballs from his belt. "Come on out, MewTwo and Zeraora!" He called out as he tossed the balls into the air.

As the light faded, everyone's faces showed a mix of emotion. Gladion and Guzma just stood there with a look of amusement on their faces, Acerola and Hau were mirroring his old classmates, pure shock, while the Professors, Kahuna Hala and the other adults were amazed. Only Serena and Ash had smiles on their faces.

"Sorry you guys were in your pokeballs for so long, we kinda fell asleep after the flight." Ash said with a small grin to the two Pokémon that were glaring at him.

MewTwo looked at Zeraora and slowly shook his head. "No my friend we don't need to be mad at him. I can tell they just let the others out as well." MewTwo said.

"Ora zera zera ora ra." Zeraora replied before looking at the others standing and staring at them. He then looked at Ash. "Ora?" He asked.

Ash grinned. "MewTwo, Zeraora, please meet my friends who are like my family." He said.

Some introductions were done before the Pokémon began playing, or in Ash's crew's case, more meditating.

Ash now turned to Kiawe and Acerola. "I need to ask, how did the training go today?" He asked, not looking forward to the answer he feared he would get.

Kiawe and Acerola grinned. "We showed him why we are Elite Four members. His team were exhausted and lost every training match." Kiawe said. "He has gone off to finish the final Island Challenge so he can enter the League." He finished.

Before Ash could ask anything more, Kahuna Olivia walked up to him. "Hey Ash, we need to have a little talk." She said, sounding serious and not like her normal bubbly self.

Ash caught onto what she was implying and excused himself from the group. They walked to the side so that no one could hear them, a determined and serious look on both their faces.

"Do you have it?" Ash asked with a low voice.

Olivia pulled a package from her bag that she had on her back, pulling a smaller box from the package as she handed it to Ash. "It's right here. Have a good look at it." She said.