Chapter 29

For the last few days Ash and Serena were given a full tour of the city of Aurora. Katsumoto was an amazing tour guide as he showed them the best places for dinner, beautiful gardens and ponds, as well as the Battle School.

When they had arrived at the school, the students had all swarmed Ash, asking his questions and wanting to know more about his style of battling. They were all shocked when he told them he didn't have a set style and that he just gave it his all, all the time, no matter what.

It was now their third day in Aurora. Serena was sitting in the observation seating surrounded by about 50 students from the battle school. They were in the main battle dome of Aurora, waiting for Ash and Katsumoto to make their appearance.

Ash was going to start his challenge today and he had been so pumped up about it. He was also very excited for what he had planned for after his battle. Serena didn't know this but afterwards Ash was going to take her out for their first date of their trip, and he had it all planned with the help of Katsumoto.

The students erupted into cheers as the referee walked out onto the field, the cameras following him as the event was being live streamed across the region and also in others.

"Ladies and gentleman, students, please welcome today's trainers. From Kanto, the Alola Champion and Kalos League winner, Ash Ketchum!" The referee called out.

Ash walked out of his tunnel to the sound of the students and many more locals cheering loudly for him. He waved and smiled his signature smile, then winked at Serena when he saw her.

"And now our very own Katsumoto! Ruler of Aurora Prefecture and Battle School Principal!" The referee called out as Katsumoto walked out of his tunnel to the same enthusiastic applause and whistling.

"This will be a 3 on 3 battle , substitutions are allowed, as are all moves. The victor will be declared when one trainer has lost all three of their Pokémon." The ref called out. "Trainers, please call out your first Pokémon!"

Katsumoto grinned as he knew he was going to need to keep his wits about him. "Let's see what we can do. Let's go Umbreon!"

The dark evolved form of Eevee emerged from its pokéball and took up a battle stance in front of its trainer.

Ash grinned as he pulled a pokéball from his belt. He was confident but he knew he couldn't take Katsumoto lightly, he was the leader of the city after all and as such he must be a very tough opponent.

"Let's go Lucario!" Ash called out as he tossed his pokéball into the air causing a red beam of light to come out and solidify into his trusty Aura Pokémon.

Lucario glared at Umbreon, trying to read its power and Aura. The two Pokémon glared are each other, both trying to get a read on the other until Lucario grinned wickedly causing Umbreon to flinch.

"Trainers ready?"

"Ready!" Both Ash and Katsumoto responded.

"Battle begin!" The ref called out.

Ash started the battle quickly, calling for Lucario to start with Close Combat and Power Up Punch.

Katsumoto was shocked at how fast Ash and his Lucario acted. "Umbreon dodge and use Shadow Ball!"

Before Umbreon could even react however Lucario landed it's first attack followed by the second, throwing Umbreon into the wall at the base of the stands, a massive cloud of dust and debris billowing out from where he crashed into the wall.

As the dust settled, Umbreon was still on its feet but only just.

"That's one tough Pokémon Katsumoto. It's been trained very well." Ash said in admiration.