two: WHERE THERE'S SMOKE, THERE'S FIRE.

CHAPTER TWO
——— where there's smoke, there's fire
(season 5, episode 16MOSLEY LANE)

CHAPTER TWO——— where there's smoke, there's fire(season 5, episode 16:  MOSLEY LANE)

RYNE BECKETT

RYNE BECKETT

     "So that's it then?"

Frank Lynch blows a small trail of smoke out of his mouth from then cigarette, the nicotine infested roll lit up as he lurked in his driveway sadly, somewhere in a fugue state between longing and angry, eyes downward and lips pursed as he adresses the three agents before him who had just left his home. His hair is unkept and look is completely dishevelled, and it does not take a behavioural analyst to know that he blames himself for his missing daughter, nor that he feels the FBI is not doing enough for his child.

"No, it isn't," Morgan answers back simply. He too, like Ryne, seems upset to leave during a time like this, but all three agents know they're of no use at the Lynch family home anymore.

"Then why are you leaving?"

"Every available cop in the state is out looking for your daughter," Morgan explains as steadily as he can.

"Who's been gone for more than twenty four hours," Frank Lynch let's out another huff, his pessimistic side taking over. Ryne doesn't blame him — his daughter had disappeared right before his eyes, with her hand still in her mother's, the one place she was safest. If she was abducted somewhere like that, what place was really safe for her? The world was a large place, and life was a cruel, cruel mistress. "I think we both know what that means."

"Percentile wise we do, but every case is based on it's own merit," Spencer tries to reassure.

"Well what merit is this case?" Frank Lynch seems to be getting more agitated. From behind them, Ryne can spot a blonde woman making her way up the driveway, from a police car — Ryne recognizes the woman as Aimee's mother, who she had been with seconds before she disappeared. It's possible she's even more dishevelled than Frank, and one look at her tells that she's placed all the guilt of Aimee Lynch's disappearance on her shoulders.