Chapter three

"What do you mean I can't leave???" you yell, your eyes getting wide. "I have a life! You can't just keep me down here forever!" "Yes we fucking can. And we will. You're probably gonna tell your shitty human friends where we are and how to find us, and we can't let you fucking do that." "You can't just keep me as your fucking prisoner!!!" Momo put a hand on your arm. It was cold, and scaly, but kinda nice. "Calm down Y/N. It's fine-" You cut her off and pull your arm away. "Don't touch me you fucking fish creature! Just leave me the fuck alone!" You turn away, facing the wall. You hear a couple quiet splashes as the merfolk leave you, and you begin to cry.

"God... I wish I had just fucking DIED! It would have been better then being held captive by these fucking hot-ass merfolk... god..." You lay on your back and stare at the cave ceiling, dragging your hands down your face. "They're all so fucking hot..."

"Y/N?" A croaky voice came from the water, pulling you out of your sleep. You sit up and look over, seeing a green-tailed mermaid with large eyes. "What do you want?" you ask, wiping the dried tears from your cheeks. "I thought you may need a friend," she says, pulling herself onto the rock. "I'm Tsuyu, but I prefer to go by Tsu." You look at the mermaid apprehensively. "I can leave if you want," she offers. "Don't go!" you find yourself blurting out. "It's... it's kinda lonely here..." Tsu nods, pulling herself closer to you. She looks around the small cave and chuckles. "This is pretty bland. We defiantly could have chosen a better place for you to stay in." "Yah, you don't say." You shift, your butt beginning by to feel sore from sitting in the rocks for god knows how long.

Tsu looks at you, her large eyes a little unnerving, but her gaze simply inquisitive. "What sort of things do you like?" she asks you, curious.
"Uh..what?" "Like, what do you like? Forests, sparkly things, books, that sorta stuff." "Well..." You think for a second. "I like the ocean. Beaches, stargazing, seeing the fireflies dance around me, and playing in the surf. But also old library's, reading books in a  comfy armchair, and warming by the fire. Why-" Before you could finish your question, a merman with a very sparkly tail bursts from the water.

"I felt in my bones that someone was talking design! Do not fret, mon amies, I am here!" You let out a chuckle at the ridiculous merman. "Hello, la beauté exotique. I don't believe we have properly been introduced. I am the fabulous Yuga Aoyama, at your service." You smile at the glittery merman. "Pleasure to meet you, Aoyama." He smiles and curls on the rocks as well, his head on his hands. "So, what are we designing?" he asks excitedly. "Well, I was thinking about getting Y/N somewhere less... prison-cell-y to live, since they'll have to live here for... well, a while, and it would be really rude to make them live in a blank, empty rock cave," Tsu explains . Aoyama claps his hands excitedly. "That is true! What ideas did you have?" He is clearly very excited. Tsu looks at you, asking silently for you to repeat what you told her earlier.

"Well, I like beaches, stargazing, playing in the ocean, and watching fireflies, but.. I also like old books, libraries, curling up in comfy chairs by the fire, so...things like that, I suppose." Aoyama lights up, the gem on his stomach glittering a little. "I have the perfect idea!!!!" He crawls over to Tsu and whispers in her ear. "That's actually a really good idea." "Of course it is! It's mine! And I am an expert in designing things! Now come on, my froggish friend, let's go create for our two-legged friend!" He pulls on Tsu's arm. "I'm gonna keep Y/N company." "Ah, okay! I shall return, mon amies!" He gracefully leaps into the water, swimming away.

You smile at Tsu. "Thanks. For not leaving me. And for making this a little less scary." Tsu nods. "Sorry that you can't leave. It's a whole thing. I promise we'll try to make it as comfortable as possible for you."  "Thanks." You curl into a ball, thinking about your life. "If you don't mind me asking... what is your family and life like? On the surface, I mean." "Well.. I actually don't really have one. My parents died when I was young, and I don't have any real friends that will miss me. Honestly, this is probably gonna be on the better side of the spectrum of things that'll happen to me. At least I won't have to worry about housing," you say. Tsu chuckled at the last comment, but all in all she looks at you with pity. She scootches closer to you, curling her long eel-like tail around one of your legs. It's wet and slimy, but kinda nice. You rest your head on her shoulder, feeling like you have a friend for the first time in a while.