Chapter four

"The home for our beauté exotique is complete!"

You awake groggily, realizing you fell asleep on Tsu's shoulder. Aoyama is sitting on the rock edge, looking at you excitedly. "Come, my two-legged friend! Your new home awaits!" He hold out his hand, and Tsu un-curls her tail from your leg. "I'll see you later then, Y/N," she says, slipping into the water.

You take the glittery merman's hand, taking a deep breath. You're pulled into the water and raced along the ocean floor. You're amazed at colors of the reef around you, though all you catch is blurry splotches.

As you're beginning to run out of breath, you reach a new cave entrance. Aoyama covers your eyes and pulls you into the cavern. "Tada!" He says, pulling his hands away.

You gaze around in amazement. It's big, the size of an apartment, but you can see passages to other caves, so you assume it's the size of a family house. The initial cave is a sandy beach, with palm trees, a hammock, pretty shells, and smooth alcoves where you can put drinks and books. You climb out of the water and wander into the other caves, leaving Aoyama to sit excitedly in the entrance.

Wandering down one of the tunnels, you find a small room with a pool of water to bathe in, a skylight above you thats actually just a really good illusion, and niches for bath things. The whole room is decorated in a sort of mermaid palace style, with pearls and shells embedded everywhere.

Wandering down the one of the other hallways you find a room made from things from sunken ships. Wooden walls and nicely polished wooden floors, shelves of books, things to make tea, and scattered treasures everywhere. The room is illuminated by fireflies, resting in jars hanging from the ceiling. Some are flying around the room though, and the jars are open so that the fireflies can be in or out as they please. There's also a soft rug and a couple comfy looking armchairs.
Glancing at one corner, you see a small pool of water with a tunnel, which you assume is so the merfolk can check up on you.

You explore the final room, which is breathtaking. There's a simple circular black bed, piled with pillows and blankets, but what's around it is what's amazing.

There walls are pure black at first glance, but as your eyes adjust, you realize they're swirling galaxies, dotted with glowing stars. It's like sleeping in the sky.

You see two off-shoot tunnels, the first leading to an cavern filled with clothes, the other with a door leading to a pool of water, again for the merfolk to check up on you.

You walk back to the entrance, your eyes wide with wonder. "Do you like it, la beauté exotique?" Aoyama asks you, smiling. "I love it! It's amazing!" you reply, twirling around. You stop for a second, thinking. "But how did you do it? You can't really leave the water that much." "Oh, that is thanks to the wonderful Tokoyami!" A single dark tentacle waves at you from the water, before disappearing once more. You giggle and wave back. "This is incredible! Thank you so much." Aoyama smiles and nods, flipping in the water. "It was my pleasure, mon amie. But now I must bid you farewell. We're going to get some dinner! Someone shall come to deliver some food for you later!" He flipped over and swam off, leaving you alone on the beach.

Hey guys sorry I forgot to upload this chapter on time, I've been really busy lately. I'll try to stay on track from now on!