chp. 7 - hawk.

Malia got in her car and headed to the dojo, still having not heard back from Eli and being worried. Since it was Saturday she couldn't have just seen him at school.

She arrived to the dojo, wearing a comfortable outfit once again.

Walking in Malia approached Miguel, "hey have you heard from Eli?"

"No, why is something wrong?" He asked.

"No- I'm not sure, I haven't heard from him since yesterday when he ran out and I'm kinda worried about him," she said playing with one of the rings on her fingers.

"I'm sure he's fine, don't worry about it." Miguel put a comforting hand on her shoulder and she gave him a soft smile.

°°°
Sensei Lawrence walked through the room.

"Three more absences sensei." Miguel tells him.

"Bunch of pussies." Aisha states and Malia rolls her eyes.

"No it's my fault." Ding ding ding.

"Since you joined Cobra Kai, I have been hard on you. I've called you names. I've humiliated you. Some of you I've hit. And for that, I don't apologize. Cobra Kai is about strength. If your not strong on this inside, you can't be strong on the outside. And right now you're all weak. And I know that because I was you. I used to have no friends. Used to be the weirdo kid. Not that weird. I still hooked up with babes and all. The point is I wasn't always the badass sensei I am today. Just like a cobra, I had to shed my loser skin to find my true power. And you guys will too." Malia had to admit it was a pretty good monologue, she gave him props, she liked it. Maybe this Cobra Kai thing wasn't so bad after.

The door bell jangles, everyone turns to the sound.

"Welcome to Cobra Kai," says Sensei.

A boy with blue hair and a mohawk walks in, no wait. Eli walks in. Malia couldn't believe her eyes. Was she seeing things? She almost thought she was imagining it before Miguel speaks out, "Eli, what happened?"

"I'm flipping the script." He states in a completely different tone than usual. Confident, the kind she had never heard from him.

"Wait are you the kid with the lip? Nice cut bro." Malia stared at him still in disbelief. He looked hot. He looked so goddamn hot.

"You see that?" Sensei pointed at him, "it doesn't matter if your a loser or a nerd or a freak. All that matters is that you become badass."

Miguel and Malia shared a look, both of them still confused. Eli just looked around the room smirking.

"Hawk." Sensei called him.

"Fall in." Eli slipped off his shoes and took his place next to Malia, she snapped out of her trance and faced forward.

Walking in front of the first row, he begins.

"Fear does not exist in this dojo, does it?"

"No sensei!" Eli calls out.

"Pain does not exist in this dojo, does it?

"No sensei." Malia states confidently.

Weakness does not exist in this dojo, does it?

"No sensei." States Aisha.

Stopping in front if Miguel he finishes.

"Defeat does not exist in this dojo, does it?"

"No sensei." Miguel says.

"Class are you ready to learn the way of the fist?"

"Yes sensei!" The group calls out in unity.