chp. 8 - please don't punch me

The past couple weeks have been full of karate. Malia was starting to get pretty good, she was really enjoying going and was starting to get a real badass way of looking at life. Sensei Lawrence was rubbing off on them well.

The other night Moon came over to watch a movie and her and Jesse really hit it off.

Jesse plops on the couch next to them, watching a classic, The Breakfast Club, the girls looked at him. "What?"

"Do you need something?"

"Is there something wrong with wanting to spend time with my little sister and her friend?"

"No but-"

"Good, glad we got this situated." Malia rolled her eyes.

For the next hour and a half as she tried to watch young Anthony Michael Hall, Moon and Jesse talked and laughed over the movie. It was cute to be honest, they had chemistry, Malia hoped it worked out.

As Moon left she saw Jesse give Moon his number.

He came back over to her and collapsed onto the couch.

"Hitting on my friends? Wowwww,"

"Not my fault your friend is super cool and beautiful."

"Listen here you little shit." Malia climbed over to his couch and got up real close to his face.

"I fully support if something happens with you and Moon, but, oh ho ho if you hurt her, if you even cross the line this much," she pushed her fingers together to show him, "I might actually just kill you." She said very seriously looking at him.

"Geez Mal chill, I'm not gonna do anything you know that."

"I know but I'm just warning you." She backed away.

Satisfied with what she instilled in him she figured she would let it play out.

Malia now sat on her bed waiting for Aisha to arrive. The two girls plus Miguel and Hawk were going to a fancy resturaunt to pretend to be rich and celebrate karate.

A few minutes later her doorbell rang, Malia ran downstairs to get it.

"Hey Aisha! Come on in," Malia led Aisha inside.

"Thanks, wow Mal this is nice," she said looking around.

"Thanks," Malia smiled leading her up to her room.

After getting dressed and listening to music, the two stood in Malia's bathroom while she did her makeup, Aisha not wanting to wear any.

The two talking and laughing were becoming great friends.

As Malia began to layer on her mascara Aisha asked laughing, "Wow who are you trying to impress?" Malia giggled.

"No I'm serious are you trying to impress anyone?" She said still letting out a laugh but in a more serious tone.

Malia turned to her, fixing a smudged part, "What are you talking about?" She chuckled.

"Are you kidding? You and Hawk?"

"What about me and Hawk?" Malia blushed trying to keep a straight face. It was true. She was trying to impress him, ever since his new look and persona all she wanted was for him to think she was cool, she knew he did since they were best friends but it was different now, she wanted him to like her.