Team Hero

Team Hero is the newest team of protagonists for the King of Fighters XV. It consists of a duo of enigmatic and powerful youth from China and a veteran participant from Japan acting as their mentor.

Benimaru

With the blood of a Japanese father and an American mother, this shooting star and model is a shocking fighter

With the blood of a Japanese father and an American mother, this shooting star and model is a shocking fighter. He utilizes electricity and strong kicks to fight anyone stupid enough to challenge him. Benimaru likes being in the spotlight, especially within the eyes of beautiful ladies. After all, he is a regular participant in KOF.

However, for this tournament, his friend and rival, Kyo Kusanagi, sort of forced him into this position where he must watch over both Shun'ei and Meitenkun, a pair of young yet enigmatic fighters whose powers are a mystery to all. Benimaru was confused but did what Kyo told him anyway.

Fun fact: For all his flirty interactions with women, Benimaru never had a true girlfriend. This is mainly because he wants the lucky lady to love him as a man, not just for his fame and fortune. He also has a quirky sense of humor, which tends to either make people laugh hard or groan meticulously.

Shun'ei

Shun'ei is a master manipulator of illusions

Shun'ei is a master manipulator of illusions. However, he has a troubled past for his parents disowned him the moment mysterious hands began to form around his body, dubbed as Amplified Spectres. Luckily, he fell under the wing of legendary martial arts master Tung Fu Rue, where he learned how to come to grips with his new-found powers.

After the defeat of the strange being known as Verse, Shun'ei continued his training to better control his powers within. He enters the tournament with his friend and fellow student Meitenkun to further push his abilities to the limit.

Fun fact: It's no secret that Shun's fashion choice is... questionable at best. His default outfit consists of a big set of headphones, a really weirdly colored jacket which he uses as a cape, and he rolls up one pants. Lots of people, either fellow fighters or fans, really wants him to change outfits for the better, but Shun ignores it all the time. Not many people know this, but the reason why Shun wears such extravagant accessories is to contain his equally extravagant powers. Should he even releases one apparatus, the powers would turn him into a berserking menance, bent on destroying all.

Meitenkun

With a pillow in hand, this sleepy young fighter is a master of the hidden martial arts technique, Hyakkyokuminminken, or Eight Extremities Slumber Fist

With a pillow in hand, this sleepy young fighter is a master of the hidden martial arts technique, Hyakkyokuminminken, or Eight Extremities Slumber Fist. The family he knows today is his mentor Tung Fu Rue and fellow disciple/best friend Shun'ei. He is considered by many to be Tung's secret weapon, as the extent of his explosive power and technique is a mystery to all.

One should not be underestimating how strong this white-haired fighter can be. Despite how relaxed he may seem on the battlefield, Meiten is an extraordinarily strong warrior, rivaling even the likes of experienced champions. Heck, he is known to win battles while sleeping! If he's that strong when he is asleep, boy you wouldn't wanna imagine what he's like when he's awake...

Fun fact: Meiten and Shun keeps a record on who wins what fight, be it training, sparring or official competition. Whoever loses must treat the winner to a hearty meal. So far, Meiten has won more fights than Shun, so the poor green haired boy must treat his friend tamagoyaki (fried eggs) almost every single day.