Team K'

This team consists of remnants of the evil organization NESTS. NESTS may be gone, but this team is always there to sniff out and crush any survivors.

K'

K' was once a normal human child before being captured by the secret and shady organization NESTS

K' was once a normal human child before being captured by the secret and shady organization NESTS. There, he was experimented, transformed, brainwashed, and cybernetically modified to become the perfect killing machine. He wields the ability to manipulate fire, a power he controls with his right-hand glove. His powers came from Kyo Kusanagi's genes which were transplanted into him. It could also explain why K' also has Kyo's cocky demeanor (albeit twice as worse). Though he may act like a cold withdrawn man who doesn't give a damn about the world, deep down his friends know he has a big heart.

From 1999 until 2001, it has become K's personal mission to take down this evil organization which has made him the horrid monster he has become. During his struggle, he fought his old superiors, his 'nemesis' in the form of Kula Diamond, and even the Heidern fleet. He is a regular participant of KOF, but for this particular tournament, however, K' allies himself with Maxima and Whip in order to spy on the man who kidnapped Kula.

Fun fact: For all his hardwork, K' is a notoriously lazy person. He can't even be bothered to take a glass of water just across the table! It's why he is very unwilling to join KOF Tournaments, for he thinks it is a waste of time. However, at the same time, he fears that the remnants of NESTS may rise once again, so he (begrudgingly against his will) must attend every tournament to snuff out those pesky survivors.

Maxima

Maxima is a cyborg remodeled by NESTS

Maxima is a cyborg remodeled by NESTS. He became a cyborg to avenge his comrade, fallen in the hands of NESTS. With 80% of his body comprised of machinery, he is equipped with weaponry everywhere; rocket boosters, lasers, missiles, you name it. His fighting ability is far beyond that of any human. Despite looking and acting much like a souless robot, Maxima still retains his humanity. As a loyal intellectual full of heart, he also understands K' well. Due to this, many people say that whenever K' is around, Maxima can't be far behind (or vise-versa).

Fun fact: Maxima is really touchy about his face. Many people think he looks like a really weird ape. To make matters worse, it is rumored that before he was remodeled into a cyborg, Maxima had lots of hair on his body. Thus, poor Maxima had to deal with such baseless accusations from all over, especially social media. It's not uncommon to see him huddled at the corner of his room sobbing after reading those merciless comments.

Whip

This fearsome soldier is enlisted in Heidern's mercenary unit operating under the codename Whip

This fearsome soldier is enlisted in Heidern's mercenary unit operating under the codename Whip. She wields a seemingly paranormal whip called Voodoo, and is the spitting image of Seirah, the older sister of K'. One might say that she might be a clone of Seirah; she even responds to the name. Whip has not-so-great bonds with the other Ikari soldiers in the fleet, but she is really close with fellow NESTS victim Kula Diamond. However, after a quarrel with K', Kula Diamond runs off only to be captured by some mysterious person. Deeply worried, Whip enters this KOF to find out exactly who the kidnappers are and what they want with Kula. For the first time in almost 20 years, she teams up with K' and Maxima, Kula's former teammates.

Fun fact: If there's any nickname this girl really hates, it's 'Whippy'. I mean...She's got a darn whip on her hands, how the crud is it not appropriate to her style? Ralf Jones almost always calls her Whippy, in a teasing manner no less. Whip is also known for her tan skin back in the late 1990s, but considering she mostly works indoors these days, people should've known better than to ask why she has become...paler.