Team Samurai

This is a trio of time displaced warriors hailing from the late 18th century. They have come to test their might against today's fighters, as well as defeating an evil unlike any other the world has ever seen.

Haohmaru

Haohmaru is a ronin (masterless nomadic samurai) determined to master the way of the sword. A bold, free-spirited swordsman, Haohmaru always steps up to the arena; there's nothing more he despises than a coward. As a travelling samurai, he wanders from land to land with only his sword and a bottle of sake, seeking fights with those willing to challenge him. He hails from late 18th century Japan but was transported to the present by a familiar colleague named Nakoruru. He enters the KOF Tournament as a gesture to her as well as refining himself against the top fighters of the modern era.

Fun fact: As mentioned, Haohmaru enjoys picking fights with anyone to test his might. As such, he is no stranger to bar brawls, considering HE OFTENTIMES STARTS ONE! Poor Nakoruru must keep his enthusiasm in check before he starts wrecking the whole place. Truly, a man like Haohmaru is as wild as a wolf unleashed.

Nakoruru

Nakoruru is a Kamuy warrior with the mystical ability to communicate with the great outdoors

Nakoruru is a Kamuy warrior with the mystical ability to communicate with the great outdoors. She devoted herself to protecting nature and became a spirit of the earth. What she lacks in height, she makes it up with tenacity. Armed with a small dagger, a scarf, and her pet hawk Mamahaha, Nakoruru can deliver quick strikes from multiple points. Yet for all her perceived ferocity in combat, she would rather talk things out rather than jumping into the fight.

Some time ago, Nakoruru was displaced by a mysterious force who would be known as Verse. To figure out what was going on, she teamed up with two other time displaced warriors to investigate suspicious rumors about the then-inconspicuous KOF XIV Tournament. After a weird adventure involving Kukri and a bunch of scant outfits wearing women, she stayed in the present area to continue guarding the Earth in the modern era. Now, fearing that another evil has risen once again, she summoned Haohmaru and Darli Dagger, two warriors from her era, to assist her exorcising this evil.

Fun fact: Spending some time in the modern world has made the once 'ancient'Nakoruru into a street-smart city slicker. Once she was a peculiar sight with her traditional kamuy gi, she now rotates her wardrobe with simple yet fashionable dresses. When once she was befuddled by the mere sight of a digital device, Nakoruru can now find the best hot spots in a city with just her...rather outdated smartphone even better than the average tour guide. Still though, she hasn't forgotten her duties to guarding nature; when not frolicking around the city, Nakoruru would attend and organize nature events and charities.

Darli Dagger

Darli Dagger is a shipwright who runs a workshop on Madagascar

Darli Dagger is a shipwright who runs a workshop on Madagascar. In addition to her own monstrous strength, she fights using the technical skills she inherited from being a carpenter and the self-defense practicalities she learned from pirates. As such, Darli knows how to sail the seven seas; she even sailed to Australia and back in just under a week. Darli was time displaced like Haohmaru into the present day by Nakoruru, and while intially upset she was transported in the middle of work, she was more than willing to help Nakoruru with her mission. Darli readies her massive saw to battle all sorts of exciting new fighters, as well as keeping up with the latest feats of ship engineering.

Fun fact: Asides from making ships, Darli likes nothing more than drinking alcohol. Mead, rum, beer, liquor, you name it. Her taste for alcohol stems from the need to stay up and running for long hours as she builds ships. Even though she can jug out dozens of glasses in a single sitting, you'd never see her getting all hung over; her tolerance is way above all other humans. So yeah, don't try to intoxicate her unless you wanna get a souvenir courtesy of her giant saw.