Spirit on the verandah

This happened few years ago. So my father came home drunk from a party and my mother was really angry at him so she made him sleep in our verandah. He was drunk so the only thing he cared about was sleeping that time. Didn't really matter where. So he was sleeping in the verandah and suddenly he felt like someone sat on the palang(bed) so he assumed that someone was obviously our mother so he didn't even check. After few minutes he felt like somebody moved a little close to him. Now who could that be? His wife obviously. He didn't check and suddenly someone pulled his hair. He was in so much pain but didn't even scream. After few mins he felt like whoever that was is gone so he woke up checked the whole house. Smoked a cigarette. His first logical thought was that my mother was angry so maybe she came to checked on him and saw him sleeping so peacefully so she thought if I am not able to sleep, how can u let him? ( Yeah, I know typical marriage things)  So yeah my father knocked the door and asked my mother if she came outside to check on him but my mother told him no. He then told her the whole incident. After 5-10 mins later, it started raining. Anyway we still have no idea who it was.