Paranormal incident that changed our lives

This is something my sister experienced. I still remember how scared we both were when she told me about the incident when we were going to school. This was the time when I told her about my experience.

She was in a relationship back then and used to sleep after talking to her boyfriend late at night. This incident kind of changed the dynamics.

So she talked to her boyfriend and went to bed as usual. She had a scary dream. In her dream, our school principal was possessed by a ghost and we were all hiding in a classroom from her. The principal used to make a high-pitched hmmm sound (that how we all know she was coming in her dream) principal was getting closer to the classroom and she was about to open the door and that's when my sister woke up from her dream all sweaty. She realised it was just a dream and was about to go back to bed and suddenly, she felt like someone grabbed her neck and hear the hmm sound again.( Also we sleep with our face covered in blanket) she got out of the bed and ran as fast as she can towards our pooja mandir. She started chanting hanuman chalisa(Hindu devotional hymn addressed to Lord Hanuman) took the god pendant out of the mandir and wore it. She felt safe. She felt better. She looked at our bed and I was still asleep. She texted her boyfriend again I think and talked to him all night. Didn't really tell him anything but talked to him all night. The next day, we were in the bus and told me everything.she was so scared she said idk if it really happened or not but it felt real. It felt real. I mean why would she get out of bed out of nowhere and ran towards pooja mandir.  Dreams can feel real I get that but I don't know it doesn't sound like a dream when something similar has happened to me too? Right?

I told her about my experience and we were both scared.  We decided not to tell our parents about because we were still trying to tell ourselves it isn't real.

Anyway, we went to our house after school and told everything to our mother. She said it was just a scary dream. We watch way too many horror movies maybe that's why she had that dream. Our father said the same thing too.what else can we say to them to make them believe us? I mean We were still kids. Maybe it was just a dream.

(Ps-I too heard the hmm sound again next night. Maybe it was just because I was thinking about the incident my sister just told me about. Idk.)