I THINK I WANT TO BREAK UP

Y/N's POV

I'm parked outside my boyfriend's house. We have been together for almost a year. And is it now that you ask why I am in my car instead of going home? The problem is that a few days ago I overheard a call from Bryan with someone (probably one of his friends) and I didn't understand it very well because I wasn't hearing the voice on the other side, but it seemed to me that they were agreeing on a plan, maybe a prank for Bryan to prank me??? I don't really know, but my intuition tells me that whatever is going to happen is going to be today.

I walk into the house and find Bryan watching Grey's Anatomy in the living room. "Are you seeing OUR show without me?" I say jokingly as I approach him to give him a hug. He swerves quickly getting a confused look from me. "What's up babe?" "Y/N we have to talk" He gets up, turns off the television and we go to the bedroom.

At this moment I know something is up and when I enter the room and see the red light of the camera flashing on the shelf I realize that I am about to be pranked. Or so Bryan thinks.

I sit on the bed and hit the seat next to me so that he sits with me but he says "No Y/N we need to have a serious conversation".

He is very nervous I can see, because he keeps playing with his fingers and avoids my gaze. "Y/N before I start talking you have to promise me that you will listen to me until the end before you start to freaking out"

"This is not a good way to start a conversation bubs" and I purposely use that name that I only use when we are alone. He looks at me and I can see in his eyes that he is debating whether to continue this game or not, but he ends up talking.

"I think I want to break up" Bryan begins. "What do you mean?" "Listen, I'm in the middle of a mess, with the final preparations to open the new company, the job interviews and planning for the next few months, I don't have time," he says. "I understand that you have a lot of things to do at the same time, I just don't understand what that has to do with our relationship."

"I'm losing it, I need to dedicate myself completely to my job right now and I can't have any distractions" He says, and even though this is just a joke I can't help but feel a little hurt. But if he thinks that can prank me is completely wrong. And that's when the game turns.

"I agree with you," I say. He looks at me confused, surprised that I've agreed with him. "What?" he asks.

"I agree with you lately you've had so much on your hands that you almost don't even remember about your girlfriend, it makes me feel like I'm not important to you anymore. So I think we'd better take a break to try to figure out if we really want each other" when I finish talking and look at Bryan I can see the panic and sadness in his eyes.

Right now he's so nervous, avoiding my eyes and playing with the ring on his finger. I have to make a huge effort to control myself and not start laughing, but it's not time to stop yet.

He sits down next to me and tries to take my hand but I dodge it. "How long have you felt like this?" "A while" I just reply. At this point he has tears streaming down his face and I feel bad so I just hug him.

We sit in silence for a while just in each other's arms, until he says "Please Babe, don't leave me, I'll change, I'll change I promise but please don't leave me I need you, I can't live without you , I was kidding it was a prank I don't want to break up with you I love you" and at this moment I burst out laughing and he looks at me confused but I can't stop laughing.

"I know love" I say still laughing. "What can I do to keep you from leaving me?" he asks genuinely concerned. "First you can go turn off the camera that's in that shelf", I say and at this point he realizes he's just been pranked.

He hugs me so tightly as if he's afraid I'm going to run away. "OMG, you scared me, how did you know?" he asks. "The other day I kind of overheard you talking on the phone" "I hate you" he says, "No, you love me" "Yeah I love You".

We hold each other for a while just enjoying each other's presence, but all of a sudden he lifts his head and looks me in the eyes, and he looks sad "What's up, love?" "Baby, you really don't feel like I don't care about you, do you"

"No bubs, it was just a lie to trick you, why?" I ask. "Because just the idea that I make you feel like I don't love you and that you're not my priority breaks my heart" "I know love, don't worry, if I ever feel like this I'll tell you" I say.

"Promise?"

"Promise!"

"Great because you're the love of my life, don't ever play a prank on me again"

"Okay, but this was your fault"

"I know, I'll never do anything like this again, I promise! I love you"

"I love you more"

"Impossible"