The Phone Call (Noel)

It'd been three years since Amáya's attack on the FBI ball. While that night was monumental for the blooming teen relationships in the crew, our happiness was cut short by her and her father's return. That night, over 400 people were placed in danger of her reckless emotions, and they were evacuated safely, but the repercussions were astronomical. Over three million dollars in damage and the Benguela pair escaped. Needless to say, Congress was very disappointed (and angry) in us. They even threatened the FBI to disband us and take us to the lab for testing in order to understand our DNA and neurological patterns. You know how Congress is. Thankfully, the former director of the FBI was able to convince the new director to allow us to fall to him and his wife and they would take care of us. The new director, Maverick Williams, was skeptical, because he believed that we were irresponsible children. After much conferencing, he reluctantly gave us away.

So, there we were, 3 years into our new headquarters on North Maluku, a small island in Indonesia. While it was hard, especially for Ember, to relocate from Florida, we adjusted pretty quickly and now live on this beautiful island, isolated from the rest of the world. Due to the majority of the world hating us, not only do we have to live in the middle of nowhere (Drew voted for the Bermuda Triangle and lost), we have to live underground. Well, kind of. Thanks to our old director being cousins with the over famous and under hated Jeff Bezos, we have a cover house that looks quaint with an environmentally friendly vibe to it that has an underground cement enclosed bunker in preparation for attacks by literally anyone. Of course, with Camryn's incredible interior designing (and Drew's CONSTANT complaining about how dull he feels in the house- he doesn't get to *shine* in cement) we have decorated it a lot over the years we've been here. I'll try to keep it short, but there is a large workout room with an auxiliary gym equipped mats for agility/tumbling training (see: kicking butt in style), an Olympic pool, a turf field, a reinforced training arena, 10 bedrooms, a study room, a living room equipped with a 70s style conversation pit, and a sizeable kitchen. A neat thing about our house (besides the fact that we basically have an Amazon delivery button installed into our house that Mr. Bezos funded to try and get on his good side, and in return we made him pay his workers) is that the girls' and boys' rooms are in a semicircle with a door that goes into our group bathroom (separated by gender of course, what is this wattpad), which is like a public restroom but significantly cleaner. Each person has their own cabinet and there are 3 different showers and sinks, and one additional bath tub. The bedrooms are about the size of a college dorm room, except we don't share with anyone, so there is a little more space.

Anyway, while we love our house in Indonesia, then and now, many of us would get homesick and recently had become anxious about quarantine. About twice a year we were able to fly home for a few weeks under fake names and passports (is that an international crime? Whatever, everyone hates us anyways), but since COVID-19 hit, everything has become even worse (as bad as it can be when you're trapped with 9 other hormonal teenagers in a mansion-like bunker in the middle of nowhere). Luckily, the lack of tourism to the island allowed for us to take many walks and get fresh air or go swimming in the ocean with little chance of running into people. Most of us were able to get into the kitchen and do our quarantine baking, to which Drew placed a timeline, that we were out of the kitchen by 4:30 so he could begin making dinner. Speaking of, I heard something coming from upstairs in the kitchen... was that...?

"MY LONELINESS. IS KILLING ME. aAaaAAAnnDD

Iihihiiiii, I MUST CONFE-E-ESS, THAT I STILL BELIEVE, stIiiLL bEliEVE-"

I sighed, laughing a little bit as I rushed up the stairs with Jacob, Andie, Bryn, Camryn, Ember, Connor, Ben, and Sam to see what the racket was about. We walked into the kitchen to Drew singing Britney Spears' One More Time (as if it wasn't obvious) while preparing food.