Room 745 (Connor)

TW: VIOLENCE, FIGHTING, BRIEF KNIVES

The utter AUDACITY this man has! To think! These 24 hours have been exceptionally rough on all of us! I mean, I almost killed my girlfriend for that matter!

"Why are you working with Amáya?!" Jacob demanded. The males in the room began to take defensive positions, moving slowly in case he was armed.

"Oh, you all are so naive. And stupid for that matter."

"What did we do to deserve this? What did the world do?" Ember challenged.

"You know how horrible their army is, Maverick! Why would you do that?!" Cam added.

"Well, they offered me something I can't refuse. Money and power."

"You selfish, low-lying-"

"Pipe it, sugar. I have an army waiting down the hall ready for you if you decide to resist." He turned his attention away from Bryn and regained his sly, yet frustrated manner. "I was hired for this job three years ago, when you buffoons decided to take matters into your own hands, and celebrate oh-so-early with your lavish ball. You spent the government's money heavily, and then decided not to perform well when you could've made America look untouchable. I was the one who was ready to sell you like parts for the government to experiment on, looking at every chromosome in your freakish DNA. However, your old director still saw some good in you. So we sent you away, to Indonesia, with the empty promises of 'we'll call you when we need you'. In reality, you were supposed to be there indefinitely, virtually never leaving that island again. We had provisions being set up, to scare you away from ever leaving the island, and turns out, you found one."

"Wait- does that mean you never intended to separate the groups? You wanted to trap us?" I demanded angrily.

"Actually, we were going to separate you. You all are too powerful on your own."

"You're right. We are," Jacob sneered. In a move that surprised everyone, he began to pull air from the room, making the rest of us panic for a second. I (and the rest of the team) activated our oxygen supplements from our SmartMask, and readied our elements for battle.

I don't want to kill anyone.

Maverick fell to his knees, gasping for air, but somehow still managing to keep a sly smirk on his face.

"I wouldn't... Joubert."

"Or what?"

The oxygen levels were severely decreasing. Ember started blocking the vents, doorways, and windows with vines from a small, previously deceased plant that was on the windowsill.

"Or Andie dies too."

Jacob immediately let go of the oxygen, and Drew took this rush of air back in to fuel his inferno. Ember's plant wall stood unmoving, and Bryn removed all light from the room, leaving only Drew's flame. What is this, a '50s interrogation?

"Where is she?!" Drew shouted. "Answer me!"

"Behind the door," He said, aloof. This angered me, and I assume the rest of the team as well.

CAMRYN MERCIER: Relax, Drew. You and the rest of the boys are going to find Andie, but he can't know you all left. We'll keep him hostage and you sneak out.

On that call, Bryn released her energy back into the room, causing a blinding light. Cam quickly moved all of the furniture to the edge of the room, behind them. In turn, I delivered a flood, allowing Noel to freeze the top, by Maverick's neck (who was still on the ground kneeling). Running nimbly across the ice, we squeezed through Ember's plant wall, bent only by her will. Just before the light went back to equilibrium, I saw Bryn pull it down dramatically, and I allowed my waters to recede. We heard the chilling laugh of Maverick, and ran as far down the hall as possible.