Traitor (Ember)

"So here's what I have so far

Bryn and Cam are with one of Noel's ancestors in Civil War era Kansas

We are actually all descendants of the original Dusk members

We all have indications, but Bryn and Cam are the only people with a Dusk descendant

We all have spiders, possible cause of Yaotl descendant??

Am I missing anything?" Jacob asked, with a virtual white board that was portrayed to the rest of the team.

"The house spider somehow killed Henry Hackett." Bryn responded.

He added it to the list.

"Why is it called a house spider, again?" Connor asked. "Sorry, all of these spider names are confusing."

"Here I'll make another list."

"hERe, i'Ll maKE aNotHeR lISt," I mocked.

"Shut up," Jacob responded. He moved his hands in a writing motion and the words began to show up on the screen.

Abnormally large black widow (?) comes from thick boreal forest [Andie and Drew]. Dubbed name: the northern black widow

Ritualistic dancing cult spiders in Madagascar [Noel and Ben]. Dubbed name: the dancing arachnids

Abnormally large trapdoor spider found living in abandoned townhome; possible predator to humans [Cam and Bryn]. Dubbed name: house spider

Arachnids that can change shape, size, and other unknown ways of camouflage in the Saharan desert, circa Libya [Sam and Connor]. Dubbed names: shapeshifting spiders

Spiders that can regenerate and are virtually immortal in Polynesia [Jacob and Ember]. Prey on mammals. Dubbed names: immortal imbeciles

"There. That ought to do it," Jacob affirmed, looking around at the holograms outside on the rock.

"Jacob, full offense, but those dubbed names are stupid," Bryn scoffed.

"Hey!"

"Hey. We need to find out what's going on." Connor said, running his fingers through his curls. He'd better not run them out too much before we get back.

"Have you seen Andie yet, Drew?" Ben asked.

"No," he responded in a small voice.

"And no one's found another way out yet?"

A chorus of nos surrounded.

"Well, then. If no one has any other theories or new information for the good of the team, then I suggest we adjourn." Jacob sighed, reluctant. He hates the constant uncertainty, but performs quite well under the stress. There's not really backlash about him (or Noel) being leader, for that matter, since we know him to be calm and collected.

"Where's Maverick been?" I asked.

"Wait... good question. Usually they're tracking us. If we leave the assigned property without notifying them they'll call in within 24 hours." Sam responded.

"As far as I'm concerned, he hasn't called any of us." Cam offered.

"That's suspicious." I nodded.

"Maybe the government can't -or won't- reach us here. Do they know something we don't?" Noel asked.

"If that's the case, then we need to get off ASAP. Someone could be listening in, or trying to distract us and attack when our guard is down." Bryn replied.