Comfort

Y/ns pov

I sat with my brother and sighed it's been hard the last few years and now we finally have a change to be free of hydra if everything. "Do you think we can finally be free" I asked my brother.

He sighed and looked over at me. "Maybe, I hope so I think we deserve it" he said, i nodded.

"You must be y/n and bucky Barnes" a women asked walking into the room. I didn't do anything and bucky just nodded. "You can talk you know I don't bite" she said.

I look at her up and down. Maybe we can trust her but I want her to earn my trust I have learnt many things as being lady winter.

"Can we trust you" bucky asked and I looked at the women, she smiled softly and looked at bucky then back at me.

"You will learn to trust me as I will learn to trust you, it will take time and I accept that" she said and I raised my eyebrow.

"You must be y/n I have heard a lot about you" she said walking over and I looked at bucky nervously.

"Y/n doesn't work well with people" he said, shuri looked at me with a comforting smile.

"To be honest I don't like people either I prefer machines they don't argue back" she smirked and I gave a half smile.

She walked over to a table and typed something into it. Then two bracelets came out. She picked them up then walked back over. "what are those" bucky asked.

"There just bracelet everyone in Wakanda wears one, don't worry it's just so I know that you two are safe and it gives you access to anywhere in Wakanda" shuri said passing one to the both of us.

I looking at it then back at shuri who just smiled. "How do we know it's not some device you will use to hurt us" I said.

"You came here to get better now why would I hurt you" she said, I looked back down then out it on.

I waited for something to happen but nothing did I looked at her with a small smile hoping she wouldn't notice but by her reaction I think she did. I looked over at bucky and yawned.

"I will show you two your rooms you both a probably really tired and you have a big day tomorrow" shuri said

"Ok" bucky said we both followed shuri out the room and down a really long hallway it kind of reminded me of one of hydras just less dull.

"Y/n this is where you will be staying" shuri smiled opening the door with her bracelet. I walked in and let out a small gasped I have never had a room this big before I always shared with bucky.

"I will see you tomorrow, if you need anything just shout" bucky said and I nodded. The door closed and I looked around the room.

I climbed into bed and let myself sink into it's really really soft mattress and fluffy pillows. Within seconds I was asleep.

I stood watching all the scared faces below me and I felt nothing. I pulled the trigger watching person after person fall the ground. I stood up and walked away. It was just another mission. I felt numb, cold, powerless. I watched as the life left there eyes and they went glassy. Another mission, completely.

I woke up panting another nightmare. The doors opened and shuri stood there, I turned over and pulled the sheet up pretending to be asleep. "Y/n what happened" she asked.

I said nothing hoping she would just go away but that didn't work cause she got into bed with me. "You don't have to say anything, I understand you have been through something traumatic, you don't have to tell me but you can't go through this alone" she said.

I turned over to face her, she smiled "what do I do" I asked. She touched my cheek and rubbed away the tears.

"Let. Me. Help. You" she said, I nodded looking into her beautiful brown eyes. For some reason she helped me feel safe and made me feel whole.

"I will" I said she opened her arms and I moved closer to her. I wouldn't have let her do this but I wasn't thinking straight maybe she put something in my drink.

I smiled and snuggled in closer I have never felt this safe ever before that I can remember I finally felt peace and comfort.