"Be safe"

Sometimes Tanjiro wished he wasn't a very good guesser. But he always hit the nail on the head when it came to Y/n. Shinobu gently set the paper down as she began writing on a small notepad, the pencil was loud as she wrote. The whole demeanor of the room was different from when he first came into the room. After a few minutes of writing Shinobu beckoned her crow over and attached the paper securely to it's chest.

"Please make sure this finds its way to Ubuyashiki," Shinobu slightly looked to the side as she added this last part, "Make sure he knows this is more than a simple silly request. I will be attending. I'm simply giving him a peace of mind where I will be heading."

The crow nodded as it took flight out the open window. Tanjiro had a blank expression on his face as he watched Shinobu read over the back of the map again, she walked away to the farthest part of the room. She took a small key out of her pocket and unlocked a cabinet. It opened effortlessly and presented many colorful vials with liquids inside. She quickly looked over them as she picked 5 and stuffed them into her side, picking a purple one to be kept in her sword. Tanjiro realized they were her poison stashes, he took a step back. Shinobu lifted her head and walked straight past him. Tanjiro felt a deadly sensation overcome him. Fear. Whatever overcame Shinobu in that moment was enough to kill. He turned around facing her at the entrance. Shinobu looked over her shoulder, her gaze cold and unmoving.

"Are you coming?"

Tanjiro blinked back into existence and ran next to her side, nodding. As they walked down the hallway in silence she made an unexpected turn further into the estate instead of to the nearest exit.

"Meet me at the entrance in 10 minutes. Say you're goodbyes now, leave your things here. Only bring the necessities." She turned to face Tanjiro and put her hands on his shoulders, "Leave Nezuko here. It'll be safer that way." Shinobu turned without waiting for a response and walked down the similar hallway with the large portrait of Y/n. She slowly got down on both of her knees and began to pray, muttering small words Tanjiro couldn't make out from the distance. He learned about eavesdropping just a few nights ago and decided to tell Nezuko about his choice to leave her.

When he knocked on the door Nezuko was sitting there, calm and collected. She was ready to leave the estate after many weeks of being confined in the room. Tanjiro sat down and sighed, he knew she would be furious with his decision but he knew Shinobu's judgement was closest to the best.

There are very few things Shinobu is wrong about.

"Please don't be upset, but Shinobu and I have come to the agreement of leaving you to rest some more while we're on the mission!"

He was careful with his words, one wrong word and Nezuko would break down into a fit if he wasn't lucky. Instead Nezuko sat there. Her eyes were big, taking in every word Tanjiro was saying, she wasn't aware of the reason Shinobu was going with Tanjiro and she had no clue of who Y/n was. After careful consideration Nezuko sighed and shrank shorter, waddling over and giving her brother a big bear hug. She tried to say something but her bamboo muzzle muffled most of it, but Tanjiro was able to hear the simple phrase, "Be safe."

Tanjiro gently patted her head as Nezuko let go of him and grew back to her original size.

"You'll be cared for here, you can go ahead and unpack again...sorry!" Tanjiro gave his purest smile to his little sister and she grunted and began unpacking. Tanjiro made his way out of the door only casting one look back to his now busy sister unpacking all their belongings.

"Bye for now,"

He looked at the clock as he made his way out of the dormitory hallways, he was to meet Shinobu at the entrance in a minute. He broke into a panicked walk as the entrance was about a two minute speed walk. How was he going to be late to his own mission? He decided the best course of action was to sprint to the entrance in order to keep Shinobu waiting. Huffing and puffing he made it to the entrance, Shinobu was nowhere to be found. He looked outside the mansion, no. 'She didn't leave me did she?' The thought danced in Tanjiro's head until he felt a hand on his shoulder. Telling by the weight the hand belonged to Shinobu.

"Apologies, I was late to my own time limit. I felt I had more to say to Y/n then I originally planned."

Tanjiro nodded, explaining how his encounter with Nezuko went. Shinobu smiled, "Good. I'm glad she took it well. In the nicest way possible having her would slow down our travel time by at least a day. Not to mention we aren't sure of exactly what is out in the mountains this time of the year."

Tanjiro looked down, he never wanted Nezuko to be called a handicap, but Tanjiro understood the situation they were in and even how Shinobu's words may seem harsh and uncalled for, she was someone to be trusted.

Shinobu looked forward, for the first time in two years she would get answers. She was looking forward to the future instead of constantly looking back to the past. This was her time to recover. To heal. Or for revenge if need be. She took a breath in smelling the morning sun on the world, the clock now signaled noon.

"Are you ready?" She looked to her side where Tanjiro was now looking forward as well, one of his hands shielding the sun as they spoke.

"Let's get moving now!"

Shinobu nodded as they both left, sprinting down the road on the fastest track to the mountains. Just as soon as they had spoken, they were gone. The two servants who were standing guard blinked, checking their vision as the two slayers had practically disappeared from where they were just standing a moment ago.

They were on track to the village where Y/n was last known to be.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ubuyashiki chuckled as he read the passive aggressive letter. He alway knew of Shinobu's feelings towards Y/n and has always felt guilty over her death and disappearance, she nor her crow ever returned to give updates on the mission or to request backup. He looked up at the ceiling as he closed his eyes, "Goodluck my children, please be safe on this quest." He added the last part quietly, maybe for his own peace of mind, "Shinobu for both our sakes I hope you find what you are looking for, and more."

Author's note time!!

Hi guys!! I just started my junior year of highschool! It's crazy how fast time really does fly in highschool,,, I hope all of you are doing well and being safe as school begins to start back up!