Once more..

Shinobu placed her hand on top of Y/n's pinning it down with a gentle grip, she paused for a moment as she felt shiver's run down Y/n's body. Shinobu hesitated, waiting for a silent answer before Y/n lightly bated her hand off of hers and pushed Shinobu onto the bed. Shinobu was directly under Y/n's playful gaze. Shinobu let out a soft breath as she smirked at the girl above her. Y/n bent down, just inches away from Shinobu's face when a large crash came from the bathroom. Tanjiro busted out of the bathroom, he looked up at the two girls on top of one another. He paused and threw his hands over his eyes apologizing profusely. Y/n perked up and quickly made her way off of Shinobu, both girls blushing while Y/n covered her face. Shinobu made her way towards the end of the bed to gently hit the top of Tanjiro's head, "What was the commotion all about?" She questioned as she crossed her arms. But before Tanjiro could answer Y/n cut him off, "We got company," she hissed as she gently pushed aside the curtains that protected the windows. Outside there were multiple demons walking by, they hadn't quite noticed the scent of humans, but that didn't mean they wouldn't ever. Shinobu sighed as she rolled her neck, "What does that mean for us? You can't fight them." Y/n pulled the curtain shut and replaced the vase that was sitting in front of it. She made her way towards the bookshelf that covered the door. She began to push it ever so slightly out of the way, just so she could slip out. Shinobu looked up at the noise Y/n was creating, "H-hey! What are you doing? Are you asking for us to get killed?!" Tanjiro took a step forward holding his hand out for support to Shinobu, Y/n looked back at the two humans before opening the door, "Damage control. Don't do anything stupid." And without a word more, Y/n shut the door.

Tanjiro felt his jaw drop as he watched the girl they had been searching for so long for had just left without any idea of what she was going to do. Shinobu let out an angry grunt as she stood up from the bed. She moved back towards the bookshelf, "Will you help me boy." Tanjiro shook himself out of his own shock as he quickly ran towards the bookshelf a few feet away. He adjusted himself towards the back of the shelf. Just carefully pushing it directly in front of the door again. "What do we do now?" Tanjiro asked, looking at Shinobu, the woman looked even paler and somehow more defeated than before. She flipped through her belt searching for a specific glass vial, she looked up when she heard Tanjiro speak to her, "Play the waiting game. That's the only card we have left." She corrected her words, "The only card, I, have left. I've waited my whole life to find her. What's one more night?" she let out an exhausted laugh. Shinobu felt a sharp pain in her chest, she was about to break. Tanjiro noticed the slight glossiness of her eyes, so he took a step forward and placed his hand on her shoulder. Like clockwork, Shinobu broke down in Tanjiro's embrace. Tears upon tears, sloppy crying as she sniffled and fell to her knees, there was a gentle clattering noise as the vials also fell with her.

"I've tried so hard, and all for what? I don't understand anything anymore..."

Once again Shinobu's persona of cold and intelligent was broken by the soft embrace of Tanjiro mixed with the coldness and the unsureness of Y/n.

"I love her to ruins, but she's currently ruining me to my core." Shinobu gently shook her head, "But without her I feel like I have no purpose."

Her words scared Tanjiro, her lack of confidence, of self esteem, of bravery and courage. Her self depressing words want to make Tanjiro scream, he felt like a little kid compared to the complex and intense emotions Shinobu was feeling.

Tanjiro spoke in a soft tone, "It's bittersweet..."

Shinobu stopped sniffling for a moment to better hear Tanjiro, "What did you say?"

"All I said was it was bittersweet...I didn't mean anything negative-"

"That's it!"

Shinobu pushed herself off the ground, she continued looking through the vials until she found one with a pink ribbon wrapped around it. She opened it without hesitation and threw it against the ground. The vial made a shattering sound as the bottle and the ribbon were separated.

Y/n looked up as she heard a shattering noise above her, she tensed up but let out a sigh. She shook her hands gently as she continued down the hallway keeping her gaze at her feet.

"Speak of the devil, look it's Y/n!!"

Y/n looked up from upon the ground to see a female demon decorated in a red aesthetic speaking to no other than Douma. A sharp chill ran down Y/n's back to see Douma so close to Y/n's room, not to mention he was aware that Y/n was not present in the room. Douma cocked his head to the side as he gave Y/n a smirk. The female demon clapped her hands together as she gave Y/n a hug, "I feel as if it's been ages since I've seen you last! How are you Doll?" Douma moved a step closer to the girls, "I would also offer the idea that I'm surprised to see you out of your room tonight."

Y/n broke the embrace after a few moments being within it, she had to be smart with her answers, but before she could answer the fiery demon she referred to as Kazuya spoke, "What? What's so strange about her being out...especially tonight." Kazuya turned back to face Y/n and put her hands around the back of her head, pulling Y/n in, "Are you hidin' secrets?" Douma laughed as he waved his fan, "You two seem busy...I'll take my leave."

Y/n moved her head back and forth to attempt to see which direction Douma walked but all she saw was Kazuya's gaze peering back at her.

"Hey! Stop ignoring me you brat!" She hit Y/n on the arm, Y/n was shocked by how Kazuya was acting tonight. Usually she wasn't so straight forward, which spiked the paranoia in Y/n's mind of just what Douma and Kazuya were talking about before Y/n had been spotted.

Y/n let out a sigh, "I'm not ignoring you at all, I was just observing him." Kazuya tilted her head as she looked around, "Douma? Why? You don't have a crush on him do ya?" Y/n frantically shook her head as she waved her hands in defense, "N-No! You know I don't think like that!" Kazuya let out a genuine laugh as she heard Y/n's distress. At that moment Y/n could've sworn Kazuya had black hair and beautiful purple eyes, but alas she was wrong. Kazuya had red hair as beautiful as the setting sun and eyes as green as grass in spring. Kazuya noticed Y/n staring at her, and she blushed as she tucked a strand of her loosely braided hair behind her ear, "Are you busy right now?"

Y/n knew she had been staring for far too long, but it was better this way. She was away from humans. She could be happy here, she had everything she could ever need within the walls of Douma's paradise. She had a place to stay, an endless supply of food nearby, if she chose to ever want it, and most of all Kazuya was here as well. Kazuya's body could last eternity along with Y/n's, but the only thing Y/n would be missing is the empty feeling within the pit of her stomach, but it was safer for Shinobu this was.

"I can spare tonight"

Kazuya smiled as she pulled Y/n's sleeves forward, locking one of her arms with Y/n's.