Chapter Thirty Four

Nova's P.O.V.

"Do you really think this is a good idea?" Wanda quizzed, looking at me with concern in her eyes and I let out a deep sigh.

"Honestly?" I mused as I fiddled with the necklace that was gifted to me by the very god I was supposed to be visiting. That felt like so long ago. "No, it's probably not a good idea. Things have been running smoothly since Ekelhaft's death and Loki's return to Asgard, I can't help but be paranoid that he'll disrupt things completely. He's very good at that sort of thing." Wanda raised her eyebrows.

"And you're still going through with it," She posed this sentence as more of a statement than a question, and I rubbed my temple, considering my next words as I hadn't shared this particular feeling with anyone else.

"As much as it might throw everything back into chaos, I feel like something is pulling me somewhere- I'm more than happy here, before you say anything," I raised my hand as Wanda opened her mouth to speak, causing her to close it again. "I am one hundred percent happy being here with the team and saving the world. It's just a constant feeling in the back of my mind, it never goes away, but when I agreed to go to Asgard it was like a sort of relief- like I was going in the right direction. Does that make sense?" Wanda stared at me with an eyebrow raised for a moment, contemplating what I had said.

"Well," She finally sighed. "I'll admit it does sound a little strange. But, it also sounds like one of those feelings that will never go away unless you do something about it. I'll be sad to see you go for any length of time, though, you're pretty much my best friend." She gave me a half smile and my heart melted a little, causing me to pull her in for a big hug.

"Aww, I love you too Wanda." I took a step back, now a little more certain on my decision. "I think you're right. I have to at least see what the universe wants from me! I won't leave you guys for too long I promise."

"I'll help you tell the others," She began with a small smile. "But you have to find a way to tell Tony..."

...

"No." Tony barely even looked up from the tech that he was working on when I found the courage to tell him about Thor's plea for my help, he just continued fiddling with the tiny parts and screws as though I had barely said anything.

"Wait- No? What do you mean 'no'?" I asked incredulously, watching him work around the table.

"I mean, no" He reaffirmed, accentuating the word by loudly placing down his tools and staring me down.

"Tony, you can't just say no." I grumbled, glaring straight back at him. "Give me a real answer- why don't you want me to go?" There was a lengthy silence, but I still waited.

"I don't want to lose you Sparks, and I don't like Loki." He responded bluntly, taking me a little by surprise. I walked around the table with a sigh, embracing him tightly.

"You won't be losing me, Stark, there's no way I would go anywhere without the plan to come back." I reassured him. "You guys are my family, I'm not gonna abandon you all. And I know you don't like him but I'll just be babysitting him for a while, it'll be fine." Tony hummed as he let me go, looking at me for a moment.

"I'm still not happy with it. What would the cyborg say?" I paused for a moment, realizing I wasn't sure how Bucky would react. We were still close, and as much as we have helped each other immensely, we felt that things were going a bit too far for two people who really needed to work on their own healing. We still spoke and spent time together, just not as much as usual.

"I'm sure he wouldn't mind." I responded. "I haven't said anything to him yet, but I will."

"Fine," Tony grumbled. "But you have to promise me that you'll be careful and won't cause any universe-altering disasters."