Chapter Thirty Five

Nova's P.O.V:

"Hello Loki." I greeted him as I carefully entered the cell, making sure it closed quickly behind me. "You know that missing you is really not the only possible reason for my visit, right?"

"Ahh yes- But you do not deny it." I rolled my eyes and chuckled as I slowly approached, only stopping when I stood directly in front of him. I had almost forgotten the effect he had on me, memories flooding back of his eyes burning into mine, and part of me contemplated whether I could keep him distracted like the Allfather would require, without getting distracted myself...

"I suppose," I admitted, looking up into his eyes, partly to determine the possibility of any imminent mischief and partly to watch, in amusement, the slight blush that colored his cheeks that was almost undetectable. Unless you managed to get that close. It seemed that he wasn't the only one who had such an effect on people. "I did miss you a little."

"There, you see," He responded with a hint of unsteadiness, almost as though he was going to step away but his ego held him firmly in place as we stood toe to toe. "I was right, and you readily admitted it." I smirked, before swiftly turning away to walk around his cell, glancing at the leather-bound books piled neatly on an ornate wooden table as I ran my fingers lightly across them. I saw him attempt to speedily compose himself out of the corner of my eye.

"You've probably guessed why Thor brought me here," I turned to face him again as he had finally moved to stand beside me, regarding the other prisoners with distaste.

"Of course I have. I was in fact surprised he did not think of something like this sooner." He shot me a grin before adding; "Although, maybe I gave him too much credit."

"Oh don't be cruel," I chuckled whilst giving him a light shove, not letting his slight surprise at how comfortable I was in his presence go unnoticed. "Thor can be very clever sometimes, but not everyone's minds are always as sharp as yours."

"Usually I would say 'flattery will get you nowhere', but I quite like this," Loki smirked as he reclined on his bed, still never taking his eyes off me. "Thor brought you here in the hopes that you might stop my dastardly plans to ruin the Allfather's meeting of the Realms, am I correct?"

"Well, actually I was supposed to serve more as a distraction but, in essence, yes your assumption was correct." I admitted, curious about what he truly planned to do, my senses heightened in anticipation in case I needed to react quickly.

"I thought as much," He grinned once more, sitting upright again. "But believe it or not, I actually have no such plan to ruin any such meeting!" His response caught me off guard, and I studied his face carefully for a few long moments, long enough for even him to become visibly uncomfortable. And yet all I could see was that he was telling the truth.

"Really?" I asked, unable to hide my disbelief as I sat myself down beside him, still watching his face suspiciously.

"Your surprise wounds me," He muttered, voice dripping with sarcasm before that smile returned once again. "No- It would taste a lie to tell you that I didn't consider it a lot, but my mind was open to even more opportunities than simply infuriating Odin once again." My ears pricked up at the mention of these 'opportunities', immediately suspicious of what he actually had planned instead.

"I will not attempt to force you to share the nature of these 'opportunities' you are considering, but I'm guessing that my arrival has thrown a spanner in the works, so to speak," I kept my tone casual in an attempt to trick him into revealing even the tiniest detail of his plans. I glanced at him briefly, seeing the realization spread across his face and disappear as swiftly as it arrived.