Chapter 12.5 House of the Sinanys

"You should have stopped her!" Paul, Isa-Belle's father, roared furiously.

"I tried, Paul, I tried!" wailed Ophelia, Isa-Belle's mother.

"Oh, but did you try hard enough?" Paul's first wife, Karen asked in a cunning way.

"I bet not, she's just doing this so Paul would get mad at her and get divorced with her, 'cause 'fourteen people is too much'!" gossiped Paul's second wife, Janice.

"No, Father, I can explain--" Geneva pleaded.

"Geneva, stay out of this, this is a matter of adults," commanded Paul.

"But Ibe's my sister--"

"I SAID, STAY OUT OF THIS, GENEVA!" scolded Paul.

Geneva looked down at her feet and sat down on the sofa.

"Oh," taunted Isa-Belle's seventh half-brother, "The GenEVIL's a crybaby! Wah, wah, wah!"

"Ha-ha-ha!" laughed Isa-Belle's eighth half-brother, "crybaby, crybaby!"

Ophelia stared at them and they both rolled their eyes and said, "We ain't afraid of you, Ophelia."

The brothers' mother Janice helped them.

"Yeah, my sons are not weak," she said.

"Ooh, but are you?" Ophelia said.

"Burnn," one brother couldn't help but murmur.

Janice's face turned purple. "You - !"

"I what?" Ophelia asked. "I have had no dignity since you two... you two... you two!" she shouted.

"We two, we two, we two what?" Karen smirked.

"You know perfectly well what happened, Karen."

"Do you think I'm dumb, or do you think I'm dumb? Of course I know, I'm just trying to frustrate you, ha ha ha!" Karen smile-sighed.

Ophelia cocked her head to the side and looked down at the shorter Karen. "Sooner or later," she said, "you will atone for your sins."

Everyone except for Geneva and her laughed.

"Ophelia, saying something like that!" Janice cried tears of laughter.

"What could she possibly do to us, right Mom?" one boy said.

"Exactly," Karen said in satisfaction.

Ophelia's gaze hardened.

That's what they think.