Chapter 1

Steven POV

I went outside to have fun on summer break...even though I only went to school for 2 seconds. While I was running I tripped on something, I looked down and saw an old looking book, I picked it up and went on my way.

Ⓐⓕⓣⓔⓡ ⓣⓗⓔ ⓔⓥⓔⓝⓣⓢ ⓞⓕ "Ⓞⓒⓔⓐⓝ Ⓖⓔⓜ"

I was going to bed when I remembered the old book I picked up. I opened it and found that...it was blank. Boring. I went to sleep with the book on my nightstand.

I looked around and only saw darkness 'I guess I'm dreaming' I heard a voice "Is someone there?". So I replied, "Y-Yes!"

Y/N POV

'I can't believe it! Someone finally found my book! I must go meet who has released me...its a child...' I stood before them in my usual form, bipedal with a laughing face mask and a green cloak, hiding my wings and halo. "Why have you summoned me, young master?". He seemed confused, "M-Master? Why did you call me-? And what do you mean summon!?". I chuckled, "You can't be serious! Wait you actually don't know!?" he replied, "I don't know what you mean and I don't know who you are!". I started laughing, and then the laughter turned to tears, then the tears to sobbing, "Woah! Are you okay?" I laughed a bit, "Of course not! I have been stuck in here for over 5,000 years, alone, only alone, please don't leave...". I fell to my knees and began sobbing with tears running from my mask. He knelt down and grabbed my hand, "W-Why are you being so nice to me?" he looked at me and smiled, "Because I think you need it."

Ⓣⓘⓜⓔⓢⓚⓘⓟ

Steven and I have gotten to know each other through his dreams and visions. I enjoy it when he tells me stories about the earth even though I have seen everything to ever happen on every planet. My favorite stories are the ones he tells about his own adventures with his allies, Pearl, Amethyst, and Garnet. He speaks of them like family, even though he made it clear that they aren't related.". "And then a bunch of arms burst in and grabbed me and Steven Jr. and pulled us out and I was like 'AAAAAA' but then I saw it was Opal! Then she did some really cool flips and shot a big glowy thing at the gem birds and they went away!". Steven started panting to catch his breath, "Breathe Steven, I can't hear your great stories if you can't breathe.". I chuckled a bit and thought about something. "Y/N!?" I heard Steven yell, breaking me from my trance, "Oh, sorry Steven, I was just thinking...". He hopped onto my lap, almost as if he was expecting a story. He started poking my mask, "Cut that out, Steven." He pouted, "C'mon, I wanna see!" I looked at him and sighed, "If I tell you one of my stories, will you stop with the mask?", his eyes started shimmering as he excitedly nodded. "Alright then, get comfy..."

"In the beginning, there was nothing, but then there was the 5 core deities. There was Techno, god of instinct and hunting, commonly associated with blood and hogs. There was also Foolish, god of  undeath and the ocean, who is associated with sharks and totems. Along with his polar opposite, Philza, god of death and fatherhood, who is represented by crows and wings. There was Wilbur, god of chaos and music, represented by tnt and music. There was me, god of creation. But for every light, there is a dark, there was an ancient beast, The Egg. It will consume everything until everything is a part of it. Back before gems even existed, let alone humans, we went to war with The Egg, even though its forces were great, we won. After the battle, all the gods decided it would be best if we only rarely interfered with the universe, given that almost everything was destroyed in our war against The Egg. So we all retreated to our own realms, except me, because I have to exist in this universe to consistently battle  The Egg's mind to keep it from reforming and consuming everything..."

Steven looked at me, "So you can never go home?" I nodded, "Essentially, yes, I can never go back to my domain and see my family." he gasped, "You have a family!?". I sighed as I felt his body start to wake up, "Yes, but I think it's time for you to..."

                                                                                 "𝒲𝒶𝓀𝑒 𝓊𝓅"