Chapter 2

Steven POV

I woke up to my Cookie Cat alarm clock. 'Was that just a dream? I feel like it was real, probably not. I should go check on Dad and the van!'

Ⓐⓕⓣⓔⓡ ⓣⓗⓔ ⓔⓥⓔⓝⓣⓢ ⓞⓕ "Ⓗⓞⓤⓢⓔ Ⓖⓤⓔⓢⓣ"

After everything that happened, I felt really bored. So I picked up the book again, but it had a title this time, 𝓣𝓱𝓮 𝓓𝓻𝓮𝓪𝓶 𝓓𝓲𝓪𝓻𝔂. 'Cool! Bedtime stories!' I opened it, but there was only a sentence in it, 𝓗𝓮𝓵𝓵𝓸 𝓪𝓰𝓪𝓲𝓷 𝓢𝓽𝓮𝓿𝓮𝓷. I freaked out and ran to Pearl, Amethyst, and Garnet. "PEARLLL!" she immediately spun around, "Steven! What happened! Are you okay!?" I continued, "I'm okay! But I found this book, then had a dream where I met someone named Y/N in a void, but they were a god! And then I opened the book again and it was blank before but now it says thiss!". Pearl looked at the book and the sentence, "Steven there is nothing written in it.". Garnet walked over and looked at the book, "Pearl's right, Steven. It's blank. What do you see on the page, Steven?". I looked back at the book, and another sentence formed, 𝓘 𝓰𝓾𝓮𝓼𝓼 𝓽𝓱𝓮𝔂 𝓬𝓪𝓷'𝓽 𝓼𝓮𝓮 𝓶𝓮, 𝓲𝓽'𝓼 𝓶𝓮, 𝓨/𝓝. I smiled wide and turned back to Garnet, "It's just a friend of mine." she replied, "If you say so, Steven.".

Y/N POV

It pleased me to know that Steven remembered me. We started talking again through the book, he would write, then I would write. We discussed a couple different things, then he went back to sleep.

Steven POV

I found myself in the void again. Y/N stood off to the side, staring off into the void. "Steven, do you ever wonder if anything you do is even...worth it?" I looked at him, "Why do you ask?". "It's just that no matter what I do, what job I complete, what war I fight, or what master I serve. The Egg will never be destroyed, and I always end up back here in the void, alone.". I replied, "Well, you aren't alone right now. You have me!" he turned to me and lifted his mask a little just to show his grin, "Thank you, Steven. You know, I was thinking, if there was anyone I would want to summon me and, in turn, command me..." he walked over to me, "It's you.". I gasped and hugged him. "Only if it's ok with you, Y/N." he looked at me and grinned, "I would love for it to happen.".

Y/N POV

Steven and I spent a while discussing summoning and how it will work. "Soooo I write a booky thing, burn it, wish you will stay with me, and it works?" I sighed, "You write the incantations. Then you write the name of someone you know who is currently alive, then burn it in lava, got it?" he looked at me and replied, "Got it!". I felt his body start to wake up. "Alright Steven, when you wake up, do exactly what we just practiced." he smiled, "Alrighty, Y/N! C'ya!". And with that, he was gone, and I was alone again.

Steven POV

I woke up to my cookie cat alarm clock. But this time was different, the Geode was fixed, Dad was safe, and everything was peaceful. Then I remembered the task at hand, I grabbed the diary and a pen, and ran to the door to the temple, "Door! I need to go to The Burning Room!". For once in my life, the door worked when I needed it to. I ran into the room and started writing the incantations, ᒲᔑ|| ℸ ̣⍑╎ᓭ s!¡ᒷeᓵh ∷e⍊ive ℸ ̣⍑ᒷ リė/t ∴h𝙹╎ᓭ ∴∷iℸ ̣tᒷリ. I thought of who to choose for the name, and decided on Greg Universe. I wrote it down, closed the book, and dropped it in the lava pit. At first nothing happened, but then I saw the book float back up to the surface, with no damage or anything, as if nothing had happened. I went to pick it up, then remembered, it was lava. I spun around and saw a green hooded, masked, winged entity. He had many symbols on his body including a set of diamonds and a yellow star.

"𝓗𝓮𝓵𝓵𝓸, 𝓢𝓽𝓮𝓿𝓮𝓷"