Lanterns at Night

"Liyue Harbor really is quite different from Mondstadt," Sucrose commented, walking through the streets. A few people stared for a few moments, before passing on. Sucrose expected it was because of her and Albedo's clothing, and the fact that they were clearly from Mondstadt.

"They do strike quite a difference," Albedo said, his eyes flicking around the buildings and taking in the city. "For one, Mondstadt is the city of freedom, and Liyue is the city of contracts, binding contracts. A binding contract might be construed as an imprisonment as opposed to freedom, depending on your world view."

"Ah." Even now, after being under Albedo's mentorship for years, Sucrose was still surprised by Albedo's thoughtfulness and intelligence. It made her even more grateful to be with him, after all this time.

"When are we supposed to meet with the Feiyun Commerce Guild again?" Albedo asked, turning to Sucrose. After several days of travel, they had finally arrived in Liyue, exhausted but satisfied, in more ways than one. 

"The letter we received says at 3pm today, outside of Northland Bank. Right now, it's 11am, so we can still eat lunch, and, ah, relax a little bit I guess?" Sucrose finished, her voice tilting up as she questioned their plans. 

"Alright. Where do you want to go eat lunch?" Sucrose asked, after a short pause. Liyue was still very new to her, the people streaming past her on either side still disoriented her slightly. Mondstadt's main street certainly wasn't this busy. 

"What about Wanmin Restaurant? I ate there the last time I was in Liyue. It's similar to Good Hunter, back in Mondstadt." Albedo rubbed the back of his neck with his hand, looking slightly embarrassed. 

"A-alright!" Sucrose agreed, smiling. Liyue Harbor was really beautiful, Sucrose thought. The culture was so rich and diverse here, Sucrose would definitely be coming here more often. 

Sucrose grasped Albedo's hand in hers, feeling warm and content. Leading them over to Wanmin Restaurant, Albedo fished out his Mora pouch, offering to pay for Sucrose's food. They ordered and ate, conversing with one another peacefully.

"I think, ah, the Feiyun Commerce Guild will be expecting us now," Sucrose hedged, unwilling to leave. 

"Okay." Albedo got up and brushed off his jacket, then extended his hand to Sucrose. "Whenever you're ready."

---

"That went well," Sucrose commented as they exited the building. The sun was a little lower in the sky, the street filled with less people, although the vendors were still calling out for customers. 

The rich scent of cheap and tasty chop suey wafted through the air, intermixed with the slightly charred scent of fresh grilled tiger fish. Sucrose made a mental note to purchase some from each stand later on. 

"Better than I expected." Albedo hedged, smiling. "I heard there's some beautiful nightlife in Liyue Harbor, certainly better than in Mondstadt."

"We could take a walk at night," Sucrose wondered, turning to Albedo, her face expectant with anticipation. 

"Ah-alright." Albedo kissed Sucrose chastely on the cheek, blushing slightly. Sucrose flushed, still not used to his affection, even after traveling with him for several days.

---

The sky glittered with lanterns, and specked with stars even higher up. Sucrose marveled at how the stars and moon were still visible, even with the light pollution in Liyue. 

"I'm really glad I'm here with you, Sucrose." Albedo said, his voice wavering slightly. "I really hope that you still want me, even after we're back in Mondstadt."

"I'll always be with you, Albedo." Sucrose smiled, hooking her arms around Albedo's neck. 

As fireworks exploded overhead, Sucrose brushed her lips against Albedo's, ending the perfect night in a memorable embrace.

tysm for reading!!! if you want any bonus material or one shots, dm me or comment, although i think imma work on another story from now on, cuz this one is finished :))