17

Taehyung was spiraling. He had just rushed to the hospital with Byeol after the baby sitter called. He rubbed his temple as he walked along the hospital corridor. Jimin looked at him, worried for his friend. 

Jimin called the baby sitter and asked her to stay with Taegguk until they came back home. The cryig babysitter readily agreed amidst apologies. Next Jimin tried calling Jungkook.

Jimin knew that Taehyung was too worried about Byeol to think about calling Jungkook. But Jungkook's phone was unreachable and Jimin sighed. He walked upto to Taehyung and said, "Sit down here. I'll get you some tea."

Hesistantly, Taehyung sat down and the blank stare in his hollow eyes made Jimin sad. He handed Taehyung the cup as he patted his back. 

Byeol's cries still echoed in Taehyung's ears. She had not stopped crying even when Tae had carried her. She was barely a year old and it broke Taehyung's heart that she was in so much pain. He was such an irresponsible father. What would Jungkook say if he knew? 

Jungkook?!

Taehyung winced as he had forgotten to inform Jungkook about Kiyomi's condition. He pulled out his phone and called Jungkook, but he didn't get an answer. Jimin suggested, "Why don't you call his manager?"

"His manager?" Taehyung asked cluelessly. 

"Yes, he has a manager, right? You told me his name but I don't remember."

"Yu-yugyeom." Taehyung scrolled through his phone before realizing something. 

"I don't have Yugyeom's number."

Jimin widened his eyes and asked softly, "How come you don't have his manager's number? Whom are you supposed to contact then?"

Taehyung had no idea. Looking at his frowning face, Jimin said, "Why don't you try calling his company and asking them?"

It took a while for Taehyung to grasp it because he was still in shock and tense. The doctor came out and Taehyung immediately stood up, closely followed by Jimin. 

"She is fine now. But we had to do a few tests and we see that she has fractured her leg. She is very small and so it might be hard to keep her off her legs but it would be perfect if you could see to it."

"Yes doctor. I'll take care of it."

"She might be very cranky because of the plaster. I will also prescribe a few medicines."

"Thank you doctor. Can I see her?"

"Yes you may. You can take her home a little later."

With a nod, the doctor left Taehyung alone with Jimin. Both of them walked into the room and saw Byeol sleeping. Taehyung's eyes filled with sorry tears as he saw his daughter's tear stained face. 

He sat down next to her, holding her tiny hand between his, saying in a thick voice, barely holding back tears, "Sorry, Sorry" over and over again.

Jimin blinked back tears as he pressed his friend's shoulder, trying to provide him some comfort. 

Jimin walked out and tried calling Jungkook again. He left a few messages on his phone and tried calling him again. It was frustrating for him to see Taehyung struggling alone. 

He walked inside again to see Taehyung stroking Kiyomi's hair. He knew that he should probably contact Jungkook's company but it was upto Taehyung. So Jimin decided to let Taehyung do what he wanted to. 

"I'll go back to your house and stay with Taegguk until you and Kiyomi come back home."

Taehyung looked at Jimin gratefully and smiled. He thanked him and Jimin left.

After Jimin left, Taehyung sighed as he looked at his phone. Jungkook had not yet seen any of his messages nor had he called him back. Kiyomi stirred and Taehyung patted her softly, heart hurting everytime he saw the cast. 

As soon as Jimin opened the door, Taegguk came out looking as if he had been crying too. Jimin picked him up and pinched his cheek, asking, "Did you eat something?"

Taegguk nodded and the baby sitter asked Jimin, "Sir, is Byeol fine?"

"She has a leg fracture." The baby sitter gasped and said, "I'm sorry sir. I didn't mean too. She was lying on the bed and I was just about to put her on the mattress when Guggkie asked me for food. So I went to give him some food and left her alone for a minute."

Jimin's eyes hardened for a second, "Are you trying to say it's the child's fault for being hungry and for asking you food?"

Horrified by Jimin's suggestion, the girl hastily shook her head, "No sir. I am sorry. I didn't mean that. I am really sorry. It's my fault for forgetting to put her on the mat."

Feeling bad for the young girl, Jimin sighed and said, "You can explain yourself to Taehyung. You may leave now. I'll be here with Guggk."

"Sir, I would like to stay till Kiyomi comes back home."

"I agree. But it's pretty late now, so come back tomorrow to see her and explain yourself to Taehyung."

Apologizing again,  she left and Jimin gave his undivided attention to Taegguk who was whimpering like a puppy. 

"What's a frac-fracture Chimchim?"

"It means broken. Kiyomi broke her leg."

Taegguk widened his eyes, terrified, "What?!"

Jimin chuckled softly, "Don't worry. It will heal. She will be perfectly alright soon. You just have to take care of her."

"So when will Daddy and Papa bring her back home from the hospital?"

"They'll come tonight." Jimin looked at his phone again, hoping for any contact from Jungkook but there was nothing.

 Hope you like it.

Vote and Comment