Chapter 6: Lesson Plan

Levi's POV

Early in the morning, I went over to Hanji's classroom with a small packet in hand. The teachers have a small room where it's considered their office. But I already checked there for Hanji and she wasn't in there. Yet I saw one other car in the parking lot- I have to think it was Hanji's. Even if it wasn't, I'll still be waiting for her in her classroom.

I waited for a while, but eventually, she showed up. Her hair bouncing messily as her arms were filled with piles of manila files. With a heavy sigh, I got to my feet and helped her heavy load. Surprised, she panicked and dropped the papers on the ground. Of course, she let out, "Gah!"

Scoffing a bit, I knelt to the ground and started scraping my fingers against the disgusting floor. "Why don't you have some sort of bag to put your things in? You'll lose papers if you keep handling them like this. What would happen if you lose a student's test-"

"Levi, I can handle my own things. Besides, these aren't tests. I don't take them home with me to grade. Once I receive them, I grade them in school. They would be ready by the time they get back into class the next day. Unlike some teachers, it takes weeks for them to grade and input their grades. I want to be on top of that."

"Then what is that in here?"

"Classwork for the students. I had a direct connection from my apartment to the school's printer. I had started printing them once I left. Thankfully, I only had to wait just a few minutes for it all to print out."

"Then why didn't you put some of your things down in your classroom before retrieving all of the documents?" This woman, I swear-

She only laughs at me, fixing all of the papers that gotten out of order when they fell from her arms. "I... I forgot." How the hell do you forget?! She quickly takes a seat down and began to go through her papers. "Enough of these questions about me- what the hell are you doing in my classroom?"

I revealed the packet, giving a heavy sigh. "I want to do a little experiment, Hanji. This is one of the few packets I made for all of your classes today. Today, I'll teach your classes with these packets, and tomorrow, I'll watch you and how the class is. If your class does well with how you work, then... I'll listen to you... and let you carry on."

Intrigued by this... I guess I could call it a wager... Hanji clasped her hands together and leaned forward. "You're telling me... you didn't want to email this to me earlier today? Or even yesterday?!"

"I didn't want you to have the students act dull when I'm teaching it. Only had to be cautious. I'm... not very trusting of others."

Hanji nods her head, sighing when she points to her pile of paperwork. "I'm okay to use this paperwork for tomorrow then, right?"

"Yes."

Then, she did something I didn't expect. She flashed me a grand smile, leaning back in her seat. "Then, it's fine. Although, I doubt my students would like your style. But that's just me being biased. I love my students, and I would always believe my way of teaching should be the correct way."

"As some teachers would believe so. Thank you for letting me do this, Hanji."

She just sighed, shaking her head. "So... you would only listen to me if I prove you wrong by my students. That's the only reason why." I guess her email was right... "Besides, Levi, how are you going to measure their efficiency?"

"I prepared a few test questions for them to perform. Like a pop quiz."

"But... you're not a chemistry teacher..."

"I emailed some old co-workers of mine for some of their lesson plans. I'm relying on their help for my side of the experiment. Is it okay if I examine some of your papers that you'll be giving to your students?"