Chapter 1: The City of Freedom

Y/N's POV:

Y/N was new to Mondstadt. They grew up in Fontaine and trained to become a great adventurer like their dad. Their dad was the strongest and most determined person Y/N knew. Unfortunately, he had gone missing on a commission in Dragonspine. After months of searching, the Adventurer's Guild announced that he was no longer alive. Y/N was 14 years old when this happened. It was almost two and a half years ago when Y/N lost their father. He was their only family. Y/N's mom died giving birth to them, so they never met, but their dad always told amazing stories about her exceptional strength, intelligence, and beauty.

It was tough for Y/N, being an only child and growing up without their parents. Even though they weren't that young when their dad passed, it hurt them deeply. Before his death, Y/N had a pretty great life. Not that their life was any worse now, aside from the loved ones they lost. Y/N never had much trouble with money. In fact, they were quite wealthy. Although their dad was just an adventurer, he didn't struggle to bring in Mora. Although the pay isn't great, his job as an adventurer was enough.

Along with that, Y/N's mom left quite a bit of savings behind when she passed. That might even be an understatement. Regardless Y/N never had to worry about money, and they still didn't, considering their father left everything to them.

Y/N didn't believe that their father was dead, or at least they didn't want to believe it. Y/N always looked up to their dad. He was powerful, and he even wielded a hydro vision. He was kind of clumsy though, and a bit immature for a father. Y/N would often be the one taking care of him rather than the other way around. Regardless, he still worked hard to care for Y/N and give them everything they ever needed. Because of his strength, Y/N was inspired by him. They have always wanted to be an adventurer like their dad, ever since they were a little kid and just started walking.

"I'm gonna be just like you one day, daddy!" Y/N said to their dad.

"Oh, that's so sweet of you to say, my little pumpkin! I'm sure one day, all your dreams will come true! And I will be right there with you when it happens."

He had lied. Their dad wasn't there. Their dreams hadn't come true yet, and he was already gone. They were only sixteen, and he had left.

Y/N always admired their dad. They always thought highly of him and wanted to be just like him. To help the people of Teyvat and protect them from harm. However, it wasn't until their dad was gone that they began working toward their goal.

They had a new goal and new motivation. They wanted to go to Dragonspine themself and search for their dad. If he really was dead, they wanted to be the one to decide it. They needed closure. Not only that, but they also wanted to make him proud. They wanted to show him that they did reach their goals. They wanted to show him they could be an adventurer just as strong as him, if not stronger. Y/N started training on their own, and they worked hard to get stronger. They never had a lot of physical strength though. Regardless of that, they tried their very best. Even though they weren't strong, they were very fast and could do fine battling hillichurls with their sword. They even fought a few stronger enemies. They were pretty good at fighting, even without a vision. They were finally accepted into the Adventurer's Guild about a month ago, which led them to where they are now.

Y/N was in Mondstadt. They had arrived three days ago and were camping just outside of the city. They planned to stay in Mondstadt for a while. They wanted to prepare for their journey in Dragonspine before they set off for the snowy mountain. Most likely, they wouldn't cover all of Dragonspine in just one day anyway. Especially not on their own. It made sense to stay. Even with company Dragonspine was huge and would take at least a week to explore, probably even longer.