Chapter 7: A Mondstadt Sunset

Bennett and Y/N exited the cathedral together. The streets of Mondstadt were beginning to

empty. The environment started to change. It felt different. Mondstadt at night and Mondstadt during the day are like two completely different places. It was still light outside. Not completely night, but it still felt different.

"So, where is this thing you want me to see?" Y/N asked.

Bennett pointed ahead, "right there," he replied. He was pointing at the Barbatos statue.

"The statue?" Y/N questioned, "we already saw that." They were confused as to why Bennett wanted to go there again.

"Yes, but not all of it," He began, "up there," he pointed up to the hands of the statue. "In order to see the final event, we have to climb up there."

This made Y/N curious. They agreed with Bennett, and the two of them walked to the statue. When they reached the feet of Barbatos, Bennett helped Y/N climb to the top. They both carefully walked along the arms of Barbatos into the hands. Y/N paused and looked down at the city.

"So what exactly is it you want to show me?" Y/N asked, shifting their gaze toward the boy next to them.

Bennett turned to them and smiled, "that," he said. He was pointing ahead, off into the distance. Y/N turned to where he was pointing. Their eyes fell on the beautiful sight before them. The sky was filled with wonderful shades of pink, orange, and yellow. The glow from the sun was still shining out from the horizon. "The sunset here is amazing. This is the best view in all of Mondstadt. I thought you might like it." Bennett said. Y/N's eyes were sparkling in the light. They didn't break their gaze.

"It really is beautiful," they replied, still not looking away from the distant sky.

"I figured this would be a great way to end the tour," Bennett said. He smiled and sat down at the edge of the statue's hands, looking toward the sunset.

"Ya, it is," Y/N said. They slowly sat down next to Bennett, still staring at the view.

The two adventurers sat in silence as they watched the sun go down.

-Time Skip-

The sun finally set, and the city was quiet, aside from some music coming from Angel's Share. The sky was now a darker shade of blue and was filled with stars that lit up the night. The full moon was shining brightly. Y/N and Bennett were still admiring the beauty that Mondstadt's sky held.

"Mondstadt is a really nice place," Y/N commented.

"I'm glad you like it!" Bennett replied.

Y/N looked at Bennett, "So, when are you planning on going to Dragonspine?" they asked.

Bennet turned to Y/N, "as soon as possible," he said, "now that you have joined the team, we can get ready to head there now."

"Why are you going to Dragonspine?" Y/N asked him. They wondered why he would want to go somewhere with extremely harsh weather like that. He must have some specific reason.

"I want to see what's up there. What treasures there could be. I wanna explore the unknown and become a great and well-known adventurer!" he answered. Bennett's words reminded Y/N of their dad. He was just like that. It was his dream to become a famous adventurer and to discover new exciting secrets in Teyvat. Adventuring was his passion. Even when it got hard, he still loved it.

"What about you?" Bennett asked, "why do you want to explore Dragonspine? That is why you joined my team, right?"

Y/N looked back up at the starry night sky. "Same as you," they said, "I want to find treasures and explore the mountain and become a hero and loved adventurer."

They also wanted to find out what had happened to their dad. Find out what it is that could have made him disappear.

"I want to go as soon as we can," they said.

"Well, if we spend tomorrow packing and preparing, we can probably leave the next morning." Bennett said, "we will need to make some food to take with us as well. It will probably be difficult to cook up there in the snow."

"Yeah," Y/N replied, "we should probably call it a night then. We will need some rest if we plan to head up Dragonspine in the next few days."

"Right," Bennett said, "where are you staying?" he asked.

"I'm camping right outside the city," they answered.

"I'll walk you then," Bennett stated, "it can be dangerous out there at night. I wouldn't want my newest member to be attacked by hilichurls."

"Okay, thanks," Y/N said.

The two of them got up and climbed back down the statue.

They walked through the city together and outside the gates. As they crossed the bridge, Y/N's tent was in sight. "There it is," Y/N pointed. Just as the words left their mouth, there was a loud crashing sound from the sky. Suddenly it began to rain.

"No way! It's raining?!" Bennett exclaimed. "It wasn't supposed to rain today."

Y/N looked ahead at their tent. It wasn't exactly made for the rain. "Well, that sucks," Y/N said. It was completely pouring, and both Y/N and Benett were both soaked.

"I'm so sorry," Bennett said, "this is my fault. I should have let you walk on your own. Then this wouldn't have happened."

"Don't say that," Y/N replied, "If you weren't here, I would have probably been attacked by hilichurls, or treasure hoarders would have robbed me. I can find another place to sleep."

Bennett looked at Y/N, "I can't leave you out here in this storm. You can come stay at my place."

"Really?" Y/N asked, "are you sure you don't mind?"

"Not at all," Bennett said, "I am used to it. Razor sleeps over all the time. It makes it less lonely. And I'm sure you aren't as loud as Razor when you sleep. You can stay with me as long as you like. It is way safer than sleeping outside."

Y/N thought for a moment, "okay, I guess you are right. If you really don't mind."

"I don't. I'm happy to have you." he said, "we should probably get out of this rain."

Y/N grabbed some things from inside their tent, "Alright, let's go."

Bennett and Y/N quickly ran back toward the city and made their way back to Bennett's house.

(Author's note: Hello everyone, I hope you are enjoying this story so far. I want to let you all know ahead of time that I plan on taking a 1 or 2 week break from this story in either March, April, or May. I am still going to work a little bit on the story during this break, but I won't be posting chapters. I am just going to take some time off to relax and not stress about uploading chapters. I will let you all know once I figure out exactly when that break will be, but until then I will continue to upload every Wednesday, like normal. Anyways, I hope you all have a wonderful day or night!)

(1.1k words)