Chapter 4: The Grand Mondstadt Tour

After the Razor, Bennett, and Y/ N finished their food at Good Hunter, they set off on a stroll around Mondstadt.

    "Well, since you are sort of new around here, we can give you the grand tour," Bennett said. "I'm sure you are already familiar with some of the city,"

    "Yeah, but I would love for you to show me around some more," Y/N replied.

    "Okay then! I guess we should start here in the square and make our way up to the cathedral." Bennett explained.

    "Oh, that's right, I haven't gotten a chance to check out the cathedral yet."

    The three of them went to explore the city. Bennett showed Y/N all of Mondstadt, starting at The Cat's Tail. Y/N liked The Cat's Tail a lot. They were a huge fan of animals, and the tavern was full of cats. Y/N met a young girl named Diona there.

    After The Cat's Tail, they went to visit another tavern, Angel's Share. The music in the tavern was quite enjoyable. Y/N liked the environment in Mondstadt. The Bartender, Charles, and a man with red hair were arguing with a young-looking boy with braided hair.

    "Please, Diluc, let me have more." The boy said.

    "The answer is no. That was your twelfth glass. It is too early for this. Don't you have somewhere else to be." the red-haired man replied. He seemed irritated.

    "Aw. please. Come on, just one more."

    "No. We will have to kick you out again if you don't leave on your own."

    Y/N was watching the events going down very closely.

    "That is pretty common here," Bennett started, "That man there is Diluc. He owns the Dawn Winery and this tavern."

    Y/N thought for a moment. They have heard of the dawn winery before. When they were younger, their dad used to visit Mondstadt a lot, and he would often spend time at the winery when he wasn't busy.

    "That guy sitting at the bar, that's Venti. He comes in here a lot. He always ends up getting kicked out like this," Bennett continued.

    "Isn't he a little young to be drinking?" Y/N asked.

    "Most people think that, but apparently, he is older than he looks. Or so I've heard." Bennett replied.

    After they were done at Angel's Share, they went to check out the rest of Mondstadt. They all went to visit the Knights of Favonius headquarters. Y/N had already been there, but Bennett still wanted to stop by to see who was there.

    When they entered, they already saw Jean and Albedo talking. They turned towards the three who had just walked in.

    "Oh, hello, you three," Jean said.

    "Hey Jean, Albedo!" Bennett greeted them.

    "What brings you here?" Albedo asked.

    "Well, we were showing Y/n around Mondstadt and figured we would stop by and see who was around."

    "Ah I see." albedo replied.

    "What about you, Albedo? Didn't you say you had some research to do in Dragonspine?" Bennett asked.

    "Oh, yes, well, actually, I do. I'm here to pick up Klee. Apparently, she has been causing a bit of trouble for jean" Albedo scratched the back of his head.

    Right on cue, Klee came bursting out of Jean's office.

    "Albedo!" the girl shouted excitedly as she went to hug him "you're here!"

    "Hello there, Klee," he said. Albedo looked back up at Jean while still hugging the child. "I hope she wasn't too troublesome.

    "It's alright," Jean said. "I just hope she can eventually learn some self-control."

    Klee ignored Jean and looked right up at Albedo. "Can I go with you to Dragonspine, Pleaseee" Klee begged.

    "I'm sorry, Klee, but you are gonna have to stay here in Mondstadt today. I have some serious work to get done, and I don't want you to get hurt during one of my experiments." Albedo stated.

    "Aw," Klee looked sad for a moment but then turned her head to notice the three people standing by the entrance. "It's Bennett and Razor, and the Y/N!" she immediately ran toward the three of them.

    "Hey there, Klee," Y/N said, patting the girl's head. "How are you?"

    "I see you two have met," Albedo said, walking behind Klee.

    "Yes, just briefly, though," Y/N replied

    "I know!" Klee interrupted. "Since I can't go with big brother Albedo, we can go fish blasting!"

    "Klee," Jean started. "I can't have you causing any more trouble around here."

    "I wish we could, but we were just giving Y/N a tour of Mondstadt," Bennett explained.

    "Aw, what about you, Razor? You always go fish blasting with me."

    "Klee is friend. If Klee wants me to fish, I fish." Razor said.

    "Well, if Razor goes with Klee and keeps an eye on her, then I'm sure she won't be too disruptive." Albedo began.

    Jean sighed. "Fine, just this once, I will allow it. But, Klee, you must promise that you won't bother anyone or make a mess. And you shouldn't go off on your own. Stay with Razor. And go to the other side of the lake. I don't want you to disturb the citizens of Mondstadt."

    "I promise I will follow Master Jean's orders," Klee said.

    "Alright then. Razor, please try and keep her from causing more problems.

    "I'll do my best," Razor replied.

    With that, Klee dragged Razor by the arm, and they left the headquarters.

    Jean sighed again, "I hope I don't regret this decision."

    "I guess I am gonna have to give you the tour by myself, Y/N" Bennett said

    "Oh, that's right," Jean began, "while the two of you are here, I encourage you to check out the library. I don't believe you have met Lisa yet. She should be in there now. It would be good for you to get acquainted with the librarian if you ever plan on checking out books from here. We have a wide selection of stories in our library. You are welcome here at any time."

    "Thanks," Y/N replied.

    "I agree," Albedo started, "I think you should check it out."

    "Good Idea! We can do that now!" Bennett said.

    "I am going off to Dragonspine now. You two enjoy the rest of your day." Albedo said with a smile as he walked away.

    "See you around," Bennett responded.

    Dragonspine? Y/N thought. It seemed like Albedo visited there often. Maybe they should ask him about what it's like.

    "Right," Jean said, "I have some work to get done as well. I'll see you two around."

    "Thanks, Jean!" Y/N said as the woman returned to her office.

    "Okay then," Bennett broke the silence, "let's check out the library!"