Chapter 1

“We’re done.” 

Amira said as she transforms her two long feathers swords back into her beautiful black feathers. She blows on them and watches as her feathers flown away from the crime scene. 

Behind her, her partner jumped down to the ground and walked towards her. Arlen raised his hand and gently patted her head. “Are you okay?” 

Amira shook her head, replying no. 

It had been many years following this one person who tormented their state with evil. Finally, finally, they had caught him. 

Arlen turned around and walked towards the crime scene, stepping on the blood that damage his white shoes. From afar, they could hear the police sirens coming close. 

Arlen reached down to the dead body that slowly went into decay. He reaches over towards his neck and picks up the miraculous. The necklace miraculous had a hawk feather attached to a metal string. 

“Put your hands in the air!” A police officer said behind them. 

Arlen and Amira didn’t turn around. Instead, they quickly use their long hooded cloaks as wings and fly away from there. 

All the police could see was the white and black cloaks flying away. At the same time, feathers were dropped when they leap in the air to get away. Looking down, the only scene he was seeing was nothing but a pile of sand. Reaching for his walky-talky he said, “I think I saw the crow and dove up close.” 

A reply said, “Did you get a good look on their faces?”

“No, the only things I saw were their backs before they flew off. And the back of their face were covered by the hood.”

“Ahh! Well, if there is any evidence that can put them in jail or have trouble with the government!” 

“No, only a pile of sand. Um, sir. Wouldn’t it just be better to leave them as myths for the citizens?” 

“No! I-Ugh! Forget it. Come back to the station.” With that, their conversation was done. 

The police took a moment to stare at the sand; knowing that nothing was to be done, he walked away. Not knowing that eyes of black and blue were staring at him. 

When the police officer walked away, not knowing that the pile of sand turned into a blood scene with a decaying body. 

The two mysterious heroes jump from their hiding spot and back into their crime scene. Amira uses her last magic to curse the police officer’s eyes before they leave, believing that a pile of sand wasn’t a body in disguise. 

When they landed, the crow superhero fell to her knees as exhaustion hit her. The dove superhero went towards his partner’s side as he checks to make sure she was alright. 

“No, just make the body disappear. If the body is found, people will question how a dead body was able to live for many decades and use their science to identify the body.”

He nodded his head as he walks towards the body. He uses white light to transform the body and blood into a pile of growing grass with small flowers popping up. When he was done, he fell to his knees as exhaustion also hit him. 

Crow crawl over to her partner as they use each other for resting their bodies against their own. As their miraculous loses their last feather, the bright light causes them to detransform. 

Two small kwami’s came out. A cute crow and dove floated around them in concern. 

“Amira, Arlen, are you guys okay?” The dove, Asher, said as she nuzzles against Arlen’s cheek. 

“They’re okay. They just wasted so much power and energy in their final battle against the killer.” The crow, Mallory, said as he went and rested against his chosen right knee. 

“Yeah, but it has been a while since they killed,” Asher said as she rested on her chosen left knee. 

“But it’s not their first battle kill either, they had been fighting against the killer for about three years, and they knew what they had to do when they caught him. Plus, what about the other corrupted miraculous holders? This isn’t their first battle, Asher.” 

“You're right; at least Bahij can rest now.” Asher moved to pick up the hawk, miraculous staring at it. She sighs as she went to give it to Amira, who had to hold it up to her. 

Only the blessing can help a miraculous heal in time after they been corrupted, but no one knows how long the healing does take. 

All three watched as Asher gently blew on the hawk miraculous. A bright light covers the necklace as it turned into a bound round ball of white feathers stuck to the miraculous as it was hiding it from the outside world. 

“Rest for now, Bahij.” 

Amira then gives it to her kwami as he also gently blows on the ball of feathers. A quick wave of black lightning covers the ball for a few seconds. Securing it so that no one will be able to touch it unless they want a curse to be with them. 

She then gently put it inside her pocket from her sweater. Arlen looked at her and said, “So, want to bet that mom will be angry with us?” 

“She’ll be angry with you. I’m not even related to her or dad.” 

“Haha, well, bad news for you, I’m not even related towards her either or dad. But you know she loves us as her own, so of course, she will be angry for not returning home last night.” 

Amira loudly sighs as she looks back at him. “Well, it’s not our fault that the killer wanted a final battle yesterday… which lasted to now.” 

“...Let’s just spend time with mom and dad. You know we only have about ten years left before we leave permanently.”

They didn’t notice the hesitant and grimace looks between their kwami’s. 

“... I know, I know. Immortal and stuff...Let's just rest for a while.”  

Amira heard her adopted brother whisper, okay. They both rested with their kwami’s as they watched the moon from a dirty alley.