Chapter 3

“-Which is why it would be best to start school in paris by doing the international student exchange program because of how corrupted the American school system is.” Arlen said as he held a long ruler pointing at a big white board filled with information.

“And studies had shown that when a teenager had traveled to some parts of the world. They can have a clear mind of what they want to do for their future and it also helps their mental mind.” Amira said as she gave her parents papers about this fake discovery she made up. 

“There are many reasons why we wanted to go to Paris and study there for a year. But this is all we come up with in a short period of time. Thank you for listening to our reasons for wanting to study in Paris” Arlen said as he finished the presentation with a slight bow with Amira. 

Both of their parents just stared at them with their eyes wide open in shock. Until their mom said, “W-Wait, you just came up with this even after leaving the household for the night and never coming back until the next day without telling us where you went. Your father and I never ask where you two go during the nights. And now you want to go to Paris?” 

“Your mother is right, this is a bad idea and I don’t know why you two suddenly wanted to go to Paris. Especially since the whole monster's things are appearing there. Our answer is a no-.” Their dad was caught off by passing out and layed down on the couch. Small black lightning appeared around his body as Mallory had his wing up in the air behind him. 

“Richar-” Their mother tried to say something but Mallory flew up to their mother and touched her foreheaded. Black lightning swept around her body as she laid down on the couch. Quickly Asher appeared and blew on both of their foreheads. 

Amira and Arlen didn’t look at the whole commotion. That was the kwami back up plan if the presentation didn’t work, by alternating their memories that they agreed and already had sent them off to Paris. 

Amira looked up and went to grab a blanket for them while Arlen went to clean up the presentation. 

Arlen looked at Asher after cleaning up and said. “How long will they be healing?”

“Well, we hope for about 7-8 days. With Mallory curse for falling asleep and never waking up. And my blessing for slowly waking them up with a healthy body, we just hope they will wake up soon. For now, create a scenery for them to believe that they have fallen asleep.” 

Arlen holds the stare and sighs. “We will do that after packing and getting everything ready.” 

“Arlen, we should use our parents' credit cards to buy airplane tickets and pay for our education in paris. Then we can use our money for the rest.” Amira said as she went inside the garage to look for traveling bags.

“Alright, but let's not go to school just yet. I want to patrol the city first and get used to Paris. So I’ll just buy the airplane tickets, some maps about the city, and a place to live.” 

“Okay, I’ll just check to see how much money we have from all that scavenger hunt for pets.”  Amira said as she went back to her room to find the credit cards and extra hidden cash. 

Walking towards her bed she laid down to grab a metal box hiding under her old shoes she outgrown. Opening it up, there is a couple hundred dollars and about 5 credit cards. All money saved up from jobs and using their superhero abilities to find animals. People do love their pets and are willing to give $500 or more as an award. 

Closing the metal box, she went downstairs with it and put it on top of the main table. "There is enough money for a couple of years. But I think we should do a coin toss to decide if we should use ours or our parents to buy a place to live." She walked towards the kitchen to open the fridge. 

"I think we should use our own money. Since we're already using their money to buy plane tickets, equipment like maps or medicines, and our education." 

"But aren't we using our money to pay for education? We are already using much and I feel guilty after what happened…" Amira said as she stopped making sandwiches for the trip. 

Alren stopped cleaning up and looked at her then to their adopted parents. He sighed and said, "Okay, but when we're in Paris let's look for a job or find lost animal's." He smiled. 

She nodded and went back to making sandwiches. "So we use our own money to buy our education, food, and extra stuff. While we use our parents for a place to live, medicines, and plane tickets." 

"Yep, I'm done cleaning. I'll go and pack our clothes and when you're done can you go out and buy some new soaps, food for our kwami’s, and whatever you think we need?" 

"Okay."