Chapter 4

"Marinette! You're going to be late to school again!" Sabine yelled from downstairs. 

Marinette stood up a little slowly and was still in the dazed dream hood. The other night, there was an akuma that took way too long until 2am. And the worst part was that she didn't finish her homework. 

She grabbed her phone to check the time and realized she's late for school.

"Ahh! I'm late!" She yelled as she got up in a hurry and changed quickly.

"Tikki, why didn't you wake me up? Now I won't be able to see much of Adrien in the morning." She said as she put on her shoes and grabbed her bag.

"I tried Marinette. But you wouldn't wake up." Tikki said as she flew to her spot inside her holder's pink purse. 

"Sigh, it's okay. Now let's go." 

She ran downstairs and gave a quick kiss to her parents and picked a bagel on her way out. 

Marinette ran to her school and heard the school bell ring. Quickly she ran up the stairs and went to her homeroom class. 

"You finally made it Marinette, now take a seat while I'll start class." Mrs. Bustier said. 

"Yes Mrs. Bustier." 

Marinette walks to her usual seat and sat down next to Alya. 

"Girl, you barely made it. Just 10 seconds too late before the bell rang." Alya giggled. 

"I overslept and worst of all, I didn't finish my homework." She said as she slammed her forehead against the table. 

Alya patted her friend's head as a sign of pity. 

Marinette didn't care and looked at the seats in front of her. Nino was at his usual seat but the one next to him was empty. She looked around the classroom and couldn't see where her sunshine boy was.

Alya took one look at her best friend's face and knew what she was looking for. "Adrien isn't here, he had an emergency photoshoot and will come back later."

"Ohh…"

"Now, who can tell me what we had already covered in yesterday's class-" A loud crash cut off Mrs.Bustier's words.

A white gray mist covered the classroom windows and a loud voice was heard. 

"Think I cheated! I'll show you and the entire school that this education is a dump! I'll show everyone one of you!!" Then bubbles were coming inside the classroom. One by one capturing the teacher and students. 

Alya quickly pulled her phone out to record as she went into hiding. She pulled down Marinette under the desk and waited until the coast was cleared. 

"I'm going to record this for the ladyblog. Are you coming?" Alya said as she double checked to see she had everything. 

"Um-No. I can't, y-you see I'm scared and rather stay here and h-hide…" Marinette said as she crouched down a little under the table.

"You sure?"

"Yeah, and plus, I know ladybug and chat noir will stop the akuma eventually." 

"Okay, stay safe." Alya said as she ran outside.

"Shouldn't I be saying that instead!?" Marinette yelled as she saw her friend run towards danger. 

"Marinette, shouldn't you be stopping Alya then letting her go towards danger?" Tikki said as she flew out of her holder's pink purse.

"It's Alya, she knows how to hide and step away from danger."