Chapter Three

Once Taehyung gets through security, he sees the secretary waving him towards her desk.

He makes his way to her with a smile.

"Good morning Mr. Kim! Mr. Bang wanted to speak with you when you got here. He's on a call right now so if you want to stop by your office before you head to his that should give him enough time to finish up." She smiles happily.

"Thank you, Yuna. And might I say, you look especially beautiful today," Taehyung compliments, flashing another smile then chuckling to himself at her flushed cheeks before he heads to his office to drop off his bag and laptop.

Early meetings with the boss aren't anything new- he's one of their top employees after all- but despite this, there's still a rush of adrenaline through his system as he exits his office to make his way to Mr. Bang's.

"Taehyung," His boss greets with a warm smile, gesturing for him to take a seat on one of the leather armchairs across from him.

Taehyung does just that, clasping his hands in his lap as he waits to hear what the man has to say.

"First, I want to congratulate you on a job well done with your last assignment. It wasn't an easy hit, but I knew you would be the right person to trust with the task."

Taehyung accepts the praise with a grateful smile, briefly reflecting back on his last assignment.

It was just two weeks ago that he'd been sat in this same seat and handed a folder with the typical information on a target.

Inside was a picture of an attractive man, not much younger than Taehyung, with sandy brown hair, bright brown eyes and a contagious smile.

Name; Choi Soobin.

Also included was a list of his general information such as the reason he was being targeted, his home address, acquaintances, his workplace, places he frequents, etc.

Taehyung had only had to tail the guy for about two days before he had the chance to take him out.

He remembered how the boy pleaded for his life.

Begged to be spared. To be forgiven of the crimes Taehyung was hired to kill him for committing, but his words fell on deaf, uncaring ears.

Despite the tearful cries, Taehyung didn't hesitate to pull the trigger nor did he feel penitence afterwards.

He doesn't like to talk about it, but he's well aware of his lack of remorse.

The agency offers psychologists and therapists for agents to meet with, but Taehyung can't imagine talking to a stranger about how he feels.

One would think your spouse would be the first person you'd turn to when you need to get some things off your chest, but not in Taehyung's case.

How would he tell his logical, ethical husband anything alluding to the fact that he's a trained assassin?

A fucking good one besides.

He can't, that's how.

It's much too risky a secret to share. If Yoongi knew, there would be serious consequences. So he keeps it to himself.