Ch: 2

It was 11 in the evening by the time Mew came back. Turning the doorknob slowly and the creaking sound of the door filled the silent house. He dusted his shoes on the doormat and quitely made his way inside. It's obvious that his husband is already sleeping on their shared bed.

He removes his tie around his neck and heaves a tired sigh. Mew made his way on the kitchen with the only light source in the house.

As he enters the kitchen, he saw a covered plate on top of the table, neatly placed. He smiled upon seeing it and puts down his things on the chair.

He reads the note on top and it was clearly Gulf's writing. Mew takes the note and insert it in his notebook with the other notes he had been collecting. With a short yawn he reheated the soup and started to eat silently.

It sure is too boring if you're alone in a house as large as their's. It was no mystery why Gulf complains on being alone but Mew can't afford Gulf to tire himself out. It's been a long time since they sat together on the dinning area and talked peacefully.

Hopefully, Mew can take a short break and spend some time with his beloved. After finishing his meal, he washed the remaining plates and threw the trash out. He locks the main door and as he entered the house once again, he hears footsteps on the stairs. He looks up and saw Gulf half asleep while rubbing his right eye. "Mew?" He whispered as he approached him. Gulf must have woken up from the opening of the door earlier.

"I'm here," Mew replied as he gave Gulf a hug and gave him a short peck on the lips. Gulf hummed and leaned to his husband a little. "Did you already eat dinner?" The sleepiness in his voice is very visible and Mew finds it adorable.

"Mm, thank you," he replied and he led Gulf back in the bedroom. Mew immediately changes his clothes and went to bed with Gulf. "Eat breakfast with me tomorrow" Gulf whispers as he snuggle on his husband. Mew wasn't sure if he can join him for breakfast, since he usually needs to go early. But just to avoid starting an argument, he simply said, "Alright." A contented hum was heard from the other arnd slowly, they doze off to sleep.

Sometimes, when Mew comes home, he gets to feel light and warm since Gulf is awake to welcome him back. But there are times that Gulf isn't there to greet him, he's fast asleep and all Mew could do is to sleep too. Or the worst case is that they argue and ended up not sleeping on the same bed.

This night is a good one, Mew's glad that Gulf is no longer angry with him and same goes with himself.  Hopefully, tomorrow will be better.

°°°°°

Gulf wakes up with an empty space beside him. He frowns that his husband is nowhere to be seen so early in the morning and his mood is now ruined. So much for eating breakfast with him. He sat up from the bed and wore his bunny slippers.

He sees a small note on the nightstand saying, Sorry, I've got to work early today. I just had an urgernt call. See you tonight. After reading the note, Gulf immediately crumpled the letter and threw it in the small bin. "It feels like it's the 6th note this week," he whispered to himself and made his way downstairs.

The other man may be petty but he's still actually upset, the fact that Mew wouldn't let him work on the city.

Gulf started his morning routine. He first ate breakfast and cleaned the dishes. After that, he tried to finish the paper cranes. Resting for a while, he stood up and went to the garden. The soft clean breeze made him feel relaxed and it was very calming. Gulf made his way to the huge maple tree outside. He stays in the shade for a while and sat down on the floor. He hums a tune and leaned on the trunk, slowly closing his eyes to take a short nap.

The tree has been there ever since they bought the plot and built a house. Mew thought of cutting it down to extend the space but Gulf immediately stopped him.

Now that he thinks of it, he actually carved something on this tree. Fluttering his eyes open, he stood up. Gulf dusted his pants and immediately looked for it.

After a good three minutes of looking for it, it was actually just above his head. Gulf smiled at the carved numbers: 1438.

"Ah, you're still here after all this time," he whispers to himself and traced his finger on the lines of the tree. Gulf guess that Mew didn't see this. What time does he have to go to the garden? He's always gone. They barely have the time to be together.

Gulf went back inside and finished the paper cranes.

°°°°°°

It was 4 in the afternoon and surprisingly, Mew came back early. "I'm home," he says simply and Gulf immediately went out the kitchen and found his husband at the door. His heart swell and he felt extremely happy. "How come you're early today?" Gulf said and hugs Mew.

"I went off early and also finished early," he explains and nuzzles his nose in Gulf's nape. "S-Stop... that tickles, haha!" His husband complains between laughs. He wished that it was always like this. No fighting. No arguments. No cursing. And most of all, no broken feelings.

"Since you're early, help me make supper" Gulf said and dragged his husband on the kitchen with a smile on his face.

"Alright, but no spicy dishes this time," the taller man said and Gulf just laughed once more. It was music to the other man's ears.

(996 words)