Ch: 9

The two of them didn't talk much after what had happened in the garden. They headed back inside since it was getting a bit late and someone had some packing to do.

They silently ate dinner and no one can decipher if the atmosphere was awkward or not. Only the clanking of the utensils against the plates were heard in the quiet dining room. Gulf was looking down at his food as he ate silently. Mew would glance at him from time to time.

He heaves a sigh and said, "Gulf." Hearing his name being mentioned, he looks up at his husband in front of him. "Yes?"

"Uh," Mew doesn't know where to start. "Someone's coming over tomorrow" It was obvious how the other flinched when those words hit his ears. He coughs awkwardly. "Ah, really? It's nice to have a visitor. It's been a while," Gulf said as he gave a small forced smile at Mew.

The silence came back and no one made a sound. What was there to talk about? Nothing. There was nothing to discuss anymore. It was pretty clear that it was over.

Gulf stood up and picks up his plate with him as he cleans it silently. The water running at the faucet was the noise that disturbed the silence and Mew followed soon after.

This time, as the two of them went to bed, there was a huge gap between them. No one said "Good night," or "Sweet dreams." What's the purpose of saying that? What's so good that happened tonight? What's sweet to dream when you know you'll wake up with a divorce?

Both of them had their backs turned to each other. The other one slept really late but the other didn't sleep at all.

Morning eventually came and it was 6 in the morning, Mew will probably wake up around 9. Gulf shuffled his way out from bed and he saw how his husband was still asleep. Just a few more hours, he won't be labeled as husband anymore. He made his way to their shared bathroom and stops at the sink. He stares at his face for a few seconds and notice how his complexion wasn't good and the life was deteriorating from him. The deep circles under his eyes made it worse, he didn't sleep at all and he felt extremely weak and sick.

He deeply inhales and exhales from time to time, "You can do this Gulf, just a few more hours," he said to himself as he looked at his reflection at the mirror. Yes, just a few more
hours and then I will go.

Gulf rinsed his face and wipes it with a towel. He then proceeded to change clothes and gets ready for the day. He went to the kitchen to prepare breakfast. While cooking, he hears someone calling out from the gate. "Ah? It's so early, is the mailman here already?" He whispered to himself as he lowers the flame of the stove and puts down the spatula at the side.

Gulf made his way at the door and opens it. There, he saw a beautiful lady at the gate, when she saw someone came out, she immediately smiled and waved her hands at him. Gulf was confused and thought, I don't know this person. Who is she?

Something clicks inside his mind, 'Someone's coming over tomorrow' Oh. So it's her. Gulf didn't waste anymore time as he quickly made his way outside to open the gate.

"Ah, good morning," Gulf awkwardly greeted and the woman was surprised to see him. She paused for a while as she looks at Gulf up and down. "Where's my Mew?" She asked and Gulf was taken aback with her sudden words. His heart gave a hurtful twist.

Gulf gave her a smile and said, "Oh, he's still asleep. Please come inside, I'll wake him up for you." The woman smiled at him and as Gulf opens the gate, she immediately went inside. "Woah, what a lovely house," she said as she walks ahead Gulf. He only stayed silent and when they reached the front door, he led her to the living room.

"I'll just finish what I'm cooking earlier then wake up Mew," he said politely as he was about to excuse himself, the woman spoke, "Ah, it's alright. If he's still sleeping that's okay. He must be so tired. And I'm curious to what you're cooking," she said with a smile as she stood up from the couch. Gulf doesn't know what to say and just replied an, "Okay"