01 || Unpleasant Surprise

// for Nghi who has a killer sense of humour //

I am so pumped for this story! I hate first chapters because they are always the hardest to write and a bit awkward but nonetheless, I hope you enjoy the first chapter and please don't hesitate to vote if you liked the chapter and comment! 

Also, this is NOT a superhero story despite the word superhero popping up in the summary. It's a sort of metaphor which will be understood later on in the story (half-way through, I think). 

There is a character called Charlie Cox in this book. I know that that is the name of the actor in Daredevil but in my defence I didn't know the name of the actor before I wrote this book so my apologies.  

In the multimedia section up there are the covers I made for DH. It would be lovely to get your input on what you think is the most suitable cover from those three of them. Comment your choice below in the comment section! 

E N J O Y ! 

___ ___ ___

CHAPTER ONE
Unpleasant Surprise 

There was a girl who went by the name Juniper Stauff. She liked to think of herself as a hero for she solved most of the disputes that were held within the walls of Phantom High. She loved the feeling of being able to help another person out. 

Phantom High was situated in Sereneigo and like any other school it did not vary in many ways; its corridors were endlessly bustling with people. Juniper Stauff hated crowds but she pretended not to.

Taking in a deep breath she plastered a smile on her lips and pushed open the doors. The loud noise that filled her ears was horrible but she bit down her disgust and walked on. She walked along the corridor with a smile stuck to her face as she greeted the people she passed.

That was Juniper Stauff. The always out-going, happy, carefree girl. If people were to find out about the numerous things that she hated they would be surprised. She was never known to hate anything. People often thought love was her middle name.

"Hey June," Amanda greeted once Juniper reached her locker.

Juniper was such a crazy name. She had no idea why her parents would ever give her that name. All that was left of her true parents was a bracelet that was currently sitting on her wrist. It had the name JUNIPER engraved onto a rectangular shaped charm.

"Hi Mandy," Juniper smiled back. "What's up?"

"I can't seem to find Dimitri," Amanda said as she shifted from foot to foot. She looked rather nervous, Juniper thought.

"Relax Mandy," smiled Juniper, "he's probably in the library."

"Library. Yes, of course," she laughed but it seemed awfully fake, "I'm so stupid."

"I can't disagree with a fact," Juniper winked as Amanda giggled, rolling her eyes.

"Are you heading to the library?" Amanda asked.

"Yeah," replied Juniper as she put her backpack into the locker. She hated carrying it to class. "Do you want me to pass Dimitri a message?" Again, she added in her head.

"Yes, please. Tell him to meet me in the Janitor's Closet. I've got a little surprise for him."

"Sure thing," she smiled.