Ch.10 - The Duke Manor

The news of Cheng Yuanjing's return to the capital somehow reached the Chang duke manor. After a few days, Cheng family's married lady, Cheng Yujin's paternal aunt Cheng Min came to visit with her children.

Old Master Cheng had three sons and one daughter. The eldest son, second son, and eldest daughter were all born by old Madam Cheng.

Cheng Min grew up in luxury. Like other members of Cheng family, she was beautiful. So when she reached marriageable age, she was married off into Chang duke manor. Although both families were titled noble, a marquis and duke manor were too far apart. There were so many marquises ran along all over the capital, but only a few had a duke title.

Chang duke manor was also very wealthy and influential. They have been living in glory for generations. Their clan was vast and mighty, with countless collateral branches. Cheng Min married the second son of the main branch, the younger full brother of the current Duke Chang. Considering Yichun marquis manor's situation, it was already regarded as marrying into a higher rank.

Therefore, this paternal aunt visit to her natal family was very lively, and old Madam Cheng had busily nagged the preparation early on. Qingfu Junzhu was feeling nervous all the time, feared that something might go wrong and offend both the old Madam and this sister-in-law.

Early in the morning, Cheng Yujin put on her new clothes for seeing a guest. She wore a jade red double-breasted jacket with a long mamian skirt underneath. Because she was still unmarried, her hairdo wasn't too exquisite. She had a pair of gold-plated silver hairpin with flower laces decoration. At the top, there was a white and red jade butterfly inlaid with gems. Crystal-clear ruby was embedded at the flower stalk. The other hairpin was also had a similar design, but with swapped white and red colors. After Cheng Yujin finished dressing up, she was indeed a jade-like beauty, a scenery perfect for a painting.

Cheng Yujin went to pay respect to her paternal aunt. This time, Cheng Min visited her natal family together with several children. Girls and boys around thirteen to fourteen years old gathered together, and their joyful commotion could be heard from far away. At this time, a servant girl guarding the door reported, "Eldest young miss is here." Cheng Min turned back to see the newly arrived girl, and her eyes instantly brightened.

Cheng Yujin entered the room and greeted Cheng Min. Her voice was neither fast nor slow, and her movement was absolutely perfect. When bowing down, from the hairpins on her head to the bottom of her skirt, not a little bit were shaken. Cheng Min secretly praised the girl in awe. She turned back to Qingfu Junzhu and said: "The daughter eldest sister-in-law taught is really praiseworthy. Just looking at her makes me extremely envious. If my family's child can be half as sensible as Jin jie'er, I would be happy even if it cost me several years of lifespan."

Qingfu Junzhu smiled humbly. Xu Nianchun who got criticized by her mother snorted disapprovingly and pouted: "Mother, you always belittle me. If you like eldest biao sister so much, then just take her back to be your daughter."

Old Madam Cheng laughed at this. She pointed at Xu Nianchun and said: "Look, this girl is jealous."

Cheng Min pretended to pinch Xu Nianchun and jokingly said: "You always talking too much. No one will think you are dumb if you speak less. Even if I wanted to rob your biao sister to be my daughter, afraid your maternal aunt must be unwilling."

Qingfu laughed: "It's her blessing that her paternal aunt valued her so much. I see that Nianchun is lively and charming. I would also like to have another daughter like her."

Xu Nianchun immediately ran to Qingfu Junzhu, asking to be spoiled. Old Madam Cheng was grinning from ear to ear. The other girls and madams presents were also cover their smiles with their handkerchief. For a while, Shou'an hall was filled with a joyous atmosphere.