Ch 60 - Provocation

"Harassing?" Zhai Yanlin raised his eyebrows in surprise: "I'm just talking casually with eldest Miss Cheng. It's not harassing, right?"

"Duke Cai put on a posture of interrogating prisoners when facing a young girl, but still thinking that you are just talking casually?" Although Cheng Yuanjing didn't show much expression on his face, whenever he spoke, there was a powerful coerciveness on his every word, much stronger than Zhai Yanlin's deliberate pressure. "She is not your subordinate, nor is she your relative. Duke Cai has no right to use this manner and tone to speak to her."

Zhai Yanlin's expression instantly turned ugly. He stared at Cheng Yuanjing and said: "When I talked with eldest Miss Cheng, I was abiding by the manner. Eldest Miss Cheng doesn't say anything, but Official Cheng hastily comes out to accuse me. On what basis do you think you can call the shot for Eldest Miss Cheng? Official Cheng should keep your nose out of other people's affairs."

"On what basis? Does it have anything to do with you?"

Zhai Yanlin was angry. Cheng Yuanjing's eyes were equally cold and dangerous. Cheng Yujin sensed that Cheng Yuanjing was truly angry this time. She hurriedly pulled Cheng Yuanjing's sleeve and said: "Ninth Uncle, today is second sister's wedding. We are the hosts, and Duke Cai is our guest. We should prioritize harmony."

We are the hosts, and Duke Cai is our guest. Hearing this sentence, Cheng Yuanjing's heart trembled. He knew that Cheng Yujin meant that they were both surnamed Cheng, which represented Yichun marquis manor. But the word 'we' sounded like they were husband and wife.

Cheng Yuanjing couldn't help glancing at Cheng Yujin. The icy aura surrounding him seemed to melt in an instant.

When Zhai Yanlin heard Cheng Yujin said 'we' to Cheng Yuanjing but referred to him as a guest, he became upset again. After placating Cheng Yuanjing, Cheng Yujin turned to look at Zhai Yanlin: "Duke Cai, here is Cheng family's inner courtyard. Outsider males shouldn't wander around. It is our negligence as the host that Duke Cai accidentally walked into the inner courtyard's boundary. I will let the servants lead Duke Cai out."

Cheng Yujin paused for a while. Then somewhat nonchalantly, she said again: "Duke Cai, the matter between me and my biao brother today is just about siblings of the same family chatting together. It was originally our family's private affairs, but Duke Cai unexpectedly bump into us. It stands to reason that we did nothing wrong. But since it might affect two families' reputation, it wouldn't be good if other people knew about this matter. Once gossip spread out, my aunt would be put in a very difficult position. Biao brother and I grow up together and have a very good siblings relationship. I don't want some unwarranted rumors to affect my relationship with my future biao sister-in-law. Therefore, this little girl will be grateful if you never talk to others about this matter."

Cheng Yujin and Xu Zhixian? Cheng Yuanjing's eyebrows twitched slightly. Without changing his expression, he glanced at Cheng Yujin calmly: What did they talk about? What was this girl planning to do?

Hearing Cheng Yujin's words, the frown on Zhai Yanlin's face deepened. He held back his anger and said: "Eldest Miss Cheng, you actually think that I will spread today's matter? In your heart, am I such a person?"

No matter what kind of person Zhai Yanlin was, why did it matter to her? But on the surface, Cheng Yujin smiled politely and said: "If Duke Cai won't, then it is the best. Many thanks for the Duke."

Zhai Yanlin was seething with anger. He wanted to come up with a rebuke, but when he was just about to move, Cheng Yuanjing's gaze swept over him like a warning. Cheng Yujin was also like a frightened deer, pulling Cheng Yuanjing's sleeve and hid behind him.