Ch.55 - Thoughts

Cheng Yujin sighed. Why was Cheng Yuanjing angry again? This was truly an eternal mystery.

Could it be that Cheng Yuanjing was an upright man who couldn't tolerate a shred of impurity? But if the water were too clear, there wouldn't be any fish. Cheng Yuanjing shouldn't be so rigid.

Cheng Yujin's mood was complicated, and for a while, she didn't know what to say.

When Cheng Yujin and Cheng Yuanjing talked just now, they let their servants away. Now Cheng Yuanjing left, Du Ruo cautiously walked over and asked: "Eldest Miss, what did you say to Ninth Master? He looked unhappy when leaving."

Cheng Yujin snorted lightly. She also wanted to know. Cheng Yujin shook her head and said: "With such an expressionless face, who can guess his mind? Anyway, I will never can."

Du Ruo replied softly. Since even eldest Miss couldn't guess the reason, let alone them?

The master and servant walked back. On the way, Cheng Yujin's mind was filled with another thought.

Cheng Yuanjing was still observing the mourning. It stood to reason that when a parent died, a man couldn't work as an official for three years. But Cheng Yuanjing was not an ordinary person. From the beginning, his situation was very special. Cheng Yuanjing might use a transfer to disguise his departure. From the initial dispatching order to the time of departure, it usually took one to two months. After Cheng Yuanjing left, Lin Qingyuan had no reason to visit the Cheng family again.

In other words, during this period of time, Cheng Yujin must catch Lin Qingyuan at any cost.

Cheng Yujin's eyes couldn't help but moved towards the direction where Cheng Yuanjing was gone. Resources must be used fully, and people must be used accordingly. It seemed that she had to borrow His Highness's help once again.

...

Cheng Yuanjing walked to his yard, emitting a cold aura all the way. His people saw their master back. Upon seeing Cheng Yuanjing's icy demeanor, they trembled in fear and bowed from a distance.

Liu Yi hurriedly ran to catch up. He followed Cheng Yuanjing into the main building and saw the crown prince went straight to the study, spreading a paper to practice calligraphy.

Liu Yi watched for a while, and the faint guess in his heart became more and more apparent. His master, His Highness the crown prince, has always been calm and restrained since childhood, and rarely had his emotion been exposed. It was truly rare to see him full of cold momentum like today. Every time His Highness had his mood disturbed, he would practice calligraphy. Often, after writing just one page, His Highness would already restore his usual calmness.

When His Highness and eldest Miss Cheng were talking, they dismissed the servants. Liu Yi didn't hear what their conversation was about. But after seeing Cheng Yuanjing's immediate departure upon hearing the plea from eldest Miss Cheng's servant girl, combined with his bad mood right now, which similar to either anger or jealousy, Liu Yi had a guess about what the eldest Miss probably said to His Highness.

Alas, this matter was indeed difficult. Liu Yi pondered for a moment and saw Cheng Yuanjing moved the brush. With vigorous and elegant penmanship, a large character was born on the white paper. But the momentum on Cheng Yuanjing's body was not diminished in the slightest.

Since the tiger has determined his prey, he must snatch it at any cost.

Liu Yi lowered his eyes, then stepped forward to replace Cheng Yuanjing's tea. He casually said: "After Your Highness spoke with eldest Miss Cheng, before this servant went back, eldest Miss Cheng came to this servant. She said that she is young and ignorant. If she inadvertently offended, asked Your Highness to please consider her being your junior and do not take it into the heart."