part 2

back to school [2023]
peters pov

its strange. i step into the school corridors, fingers tangled with my boyfriends, next to my best friend, just like i have done for the past five years. but now everything is different. everyone is back.

the corridors are packed with people. people that i havent seen in 5 years. my old bestfriend. my bully. honestly, i dont know how to react. none of these people know im gay, or that im a stark.

i just look at pietro, he smiles at me. then i look at harley, he kisses me and grips my hand tighter. i take a deep breath then step into school.

me, harley and pietro go straight to my locker like usual. thats when i see ned waiting at my locker. Harley squeezes my hand and i look at him and smile.

when we get to my locker ned runs up to me and gives me a big hug, i just stand there awkwardly. i havent seen him since we were 12, things are different now. when he finally lets go i step back between pietro and harley.

"hi im ned! who are you?" he seems excited but we're all hesitant.

"hey, this is my best friend Pietro, and my boyfriend Harley."

when i say this his face falls "best friend?"

"ned im sorry. its been 5 years, i couldnt wait for you. we didnt even know if you would come back!"

"n-no its fine. i get it" i still think hes upset. "wait! did you say boyfriend?"

this was the bit i wasnt looking forward to. having to come out all over again.

i look back at harley again and he nods and smiles at me. "err yeah. Im gay. me and harley have been dating for 2 years."

"oh cool. yeah. i'll uh i'll see you around" he smiles weakly at us then leaves.

we just stand there still for a minute.

"was it me or was that unbelievably awkward?" Pietro finally breaks the silence and we all burst out laughing.

————————————[at lunch]

i see pietro sat at our usual table and go over amd sit next to him. we start talking about our suits and how my Dad said he had some ideas on how to upgrade pietro's suit. he suddenly stops talking and i turn around to see Liz, my girlfriend at the time of the blip. yes girlfriend.

"hey petey" she sits down next tk me and i hear a stifled laugh come from pietro and i elbow him hard. "so i know we havent talked in ages but i still think we are a super cute couple. how about a date?"

"sorry liz but im gay?" i smile awkwardly at her.

she stands up "you know if you dont want to go on a date with me you could just say! you dont need to make excuses that i know arent true at all!"

"no liz seriously! look theres my boyfriend." i smile at Harley as he comes and sits down next to me.

"hey darlin" he kisses me on the lips and i smile into it.

"ugh! i will get you back petey!" she storms off.

Pietro burts out laughing again and i elbow him in the rib but then harley starts laughing too, and eventually i join in.

"hey loser" Mj comes and sits down across from me.

"Hey Mj. this is pietro, my best friend and harley my boyfriend." i say, it all feels way more natural with Mj.

"nice youre gay?" shes really chill about this whole blip thing.

"yeah..." i grab harley's hand under the table.

"sameeeee" she starts laughing a bit "so what were you all laughing about before?"

"basically Peters girlfriend from before the blip wants him back" Pietro starts laughing again. i think Mj was a bit surprised by his sokovian accent but she didnt show it too much. honestly, i think Mj would fit right in our group. especially with Shuri.

————————————[the end of the day]

we all walk down the corridor towards the door, me and harley holding hands.

"Oh my god! Penis parker is gay!" Flash shout.

"yes i am!" i spin around and fully kiss Harley, he smiles and kisses me back. Flash goes silent.

"and have you seen his friends?! all the misfits!!"

i turn around to see who said that. insult me all you like, but leave my friends out of it. WAIT NED?! ned said that?

"Okay Ned! you know what maybe we are misfits? but at least theyre real friends!" i pull harley out of the school and pietro and mj follow.

we start walking and say goodbye to Mj half way to the tower. when we get to the tower, we go to the private lift and go up to floor 85, my bedroom.

Shuri meets us there and we put on a movie, all of us sat in our usual places. me and harley on the bed, pietro on the beanbag and shuri on the hammock.

————————————
838 words

A/N-i feel kinda bad for making ned mean but i couldnt help myself. Parley is so cute in this so far thoooo. ill try to write then next chapter soon. i have a lot of free time but im also v lazy so yh.