10 • 𝘪𝘯𝘵𝘳𝘶𝘥𝘦𝘳𝘴

Heeseung couldn't sleep the whole night

Heeseung couldn't sleep the whole night. All he could think about was the dead duck and Chong's words.

When the sunlight hit him, he decided to go downstairs. He peeked over the stair railing, looking with his eyes for Chong.

'What are you doing?'

Heeseung almost jumped out of his skin when she appeared right in front of him.

'Jesus, don't scare me like that!' he spoke with a hand on his heart, panting.

'Do you think I can't sneak up on people? I didn't train only for sniping' she smirked.

Heeseung giggled nervously. He watched her walk to the kitchen casually. Suddenly, he forgot about the ducks and his cowardness.

'Breakfast, Mr. Idol' she shouted.

Heeseung softly laughed and happily walked to the kitchen.

'What's the menu, Mrs. Sniper?' he said teasingly, leaning on the kitchen table.

'Eggs. Take it or starve' she spoke with clear sarcasm, looking over her shoulder with a raised eyebrow.

She put two plates on the table. It looked good, eatable. With a smile, he sat down and prayed gang people are indeed good cooks.

Heeseung knew it was awkward but for once he kind of enjoyed it. He didn't know why, but everything he needed at that moment was right there. She, living peacefully without guns and dangerous gear, eating breakfast in an oversized tee. Nobody wanted to kill them at that moment which was a win situation.

They seemed like a freshly married couple distancing themselves from the world.

'So, what's your favorite color?'

Heeseung looked up in confusion. He blinked twice at Chong who was waiting for his response with puppy eyes.

'Um, black?' he still didn't believe she is trying to talk to him.

Chong really wanted to make this "vacation" not so awkward and forced. But, she didn't really know how.

'Cool' she smiled awkwardly and took another bite of her egg.

Heeseung was happy she is trying, but the cringe was real.

His members suddenly crossed his mind.

Are they even alive?

Hard to believe, but they are closer to passing away than him because of the constant near-death experiences Ni-ki's pranks are giving them.

'And yours?'

She looked up, not believing he hit her with her weapon.

'The color' Heeseung spoke with a full mouth.

'Oh, yeah, well- white?'

'You. White' he giggled.

'So what?' she acted touched, crossing her arms on her chest.