Chapter 1 - 5804

My name is 5804, Nothing more nothing less.

I've long forgotten my original name.

Time in this place is delusional for us.

It's only everlasting pain.

Everyday we were tested on.

Tortured until we fall dead.

That's what it's like when you are born with an ability but your origin is from the slums.

The nobles only knew to have more power.

We were 'worthless'.

Helping the imperial family this way, was an 'honour' they would say.

Killing us 'animals', to strengthen the Royals and nobles.

5804 reached out her hand, grasping for breath. From top to bottom, blood drips from her blood vessels bursting from kealial, a side effect from a formula that was injected into her.

[Kealial, is a made up word. It's the energy that powers abilities, similar to mana : Kealial will flow through your body until you die, unlike mana that can be used up. The more you practice your ability the more Kealial will multiply.]

"Please... I don't want to die." 5804 spoke, so quietly that even if someone was right beside her, no one would hear.

Her eyes looking at the window, the only thing she saw was a blurry figure, her eyes glistened with despair.

Then she took her last breath, then she froze. Cold and bloody when the magic dispersed into the air.

"Failed again?" A female voice spoke from outside of the room, she had sounded rather bored. She walked next to the man.

"Unfortunately, 5804 was a failure." Said a man who was observing outside of the room through a glass window facing into the room.

"M? Seriously you guys couldn't even do your jobs right, all we're asking is a way to strengthen abilities." Said the woman, giving the man an impatient glare.

"It's not that easy, these test subjects from the slums were mostly stage 1-2, and there's not enough prisoners." Argued the man, with an annoyed voice.

"Then Simple, get them to a higher stage."

"We don't all the time in the world, the imperial family are not people we can leave waiting. From a noble's point of view like yours you wouldn't know how less time that is."

"Fu fu, true the emperor's stage 6, soon to be 7 so he could kill you without much trouble considering you have no abilities." She said laughing.

"Fine then, since I got assigned here as well I'll have to help you." She bluntly said, picking up a shining ball next to a counter.

"Don't drop that, it's the latest formula."

"Ooo, I see it's a formula."

"This formula was deemed to strengthen, but it has dire side effects that we're testing to remove, it's effects don't strengthen stage 4 or higher, so unless we remove the effects it can't be presentable."

"Yes, if we could strengthen soldiers with no side effects, that would be a delight to see."

"You can stop now, let's get to work."

"No fun, but alright."

They left without hassle, following behind were cleaners who were supposed to move the body to the 'pit'.