Chapter 2 - Transmigrated into a novel?!

'Ow! Why doesn't everything hurt? Am I in hospital... It hurts so much! I'm going to have to sue that driver."

'Eh? The sky?"

Phoebe opened her eyes to see the bright blue sky shining before her, the sun glistening beautifully an exact contrast to how she was really feeling.

"Damn it hurts."

Something was also blocking half of her view, she looked to her side to find gleaming platinum hair wavering around her face.

[Natural hair colour]

'Grey hair?'

Before she knew a stench had attacked her nose, Phoebe covered her nose with shocked disgust.

'What's that disgusting smell, wait... why is the flooring so squishy? Ew ew ew!'

She immediately stood up, then she sneaked a peek at the ground, or a pile so to speak. To her horror beneath her was a pile of dead bodies stacked on each other all bloodied to the core, she felt like vomiting.

5 hours later...

'Ah, I see now.'

She fainted from the after shock, but she in exchange received memories from the body's owner.

'Why did I have transmigrate into this stupid novel?'

The novel was about a genius stage 9 prince who went to war against the opposing kingdom, he brought back the princess as a prisoner but slowly fell in love with her. From the Princess he learnt how much of a tyrant his father, the emperor really was, with the princesses advice he cleaned up the kingdom and stomped out the resistance, and finally overthrew the tyrant emperor. With him and the princess uniting the kingdom, they lived happily ever after.

Originally she enjoyed the thick novel that kept her entertained with all this overly detailed information, but now she regrets even reading it.

'God is playing a joke on me right now!'

'I used to be a successful 26 year old business woman, now I'm a 8 year old who apparently was a test subject to some horrible things, all my hard effort is gone in vain!'

Phoebe stomped her foot like a child having a tantrum, out of pure frustration. She slipped and landed on the bodies again.

Phoebe looked at the sky again, then something clicked inside her mind.

'Oh yeah! This world has abilities, mine is... force!'

Thought Phoebe, digging through her memories, with a delighted face. Thinking wind as an attribute she could use would  be useful in this situation she's in right now.

[Humans in this world are born with one of the 4 types of abilities, Liquid, Solid, Force and energy, the type of element that you can use in the category depends on how much kealial you have. The more kealial you have the more elements you could control in the category.]

[Also the more kealial you have the more powerful you can use the ability]

[The levels are separated into stages, stage 9 as being the highest stage.]

'So how do I do it?'

From the memories all she had to do was think, and feel the power within her spark. She lifted her hands reaching out, then she left a sensation and she was lifted into the air by a gust of wind.

"Woah!" She yelped nervously, but before she knew it she was on the ground unharmed.

'Hah, from the memory I wasn't that strong, eh? Is it because I'm in the body?'

[Reason for people who didn't figure out : the side effect of the formula was death, but since she's alive again the kealial returned to her and now she has strengthened to a new stage.]

'As far as I know this should be the pit, out of all things why do I have to possess a test subject, can't I be a heroine or villainess? At least their lives were lavish.'

She looked around to find herself in a Barron cracked land, full of many more holes that kept all the dead bodies of failed test subjects.

'From the book, the kingdom of Azel is a day walk from here, furthermore the shortest route is to cross darkline forest, known as a lair of beasts and also a great taming ground for people who's experienced in beast taming.'

'Nope definitely not going to survive, there's also problems like my uniform that could arouse people to notice I'm an escapee.'

'I could travel to the village of Amnia, now that I think of it in various areas the so-called 'Resistance' cover is also around that area.' 

[Resistance : An organization that consists of people of : Test subject escapees, those that oppose the experiments, traitors of the kingdom, people who oppose the kingdom]

[Main leaders of the resistance try to bring down the kingdom, smaller more distant groups have smaller plans such as freeing test subjects or Hijacking kingdom defenses.]

'Though how long is the walk from the barren pit? There weren't any scenes where they travel from the Barren pit to that village, the author was only inclined to give the readers a simple image of the map of the continent.'

'Best to try my luck then get eaten by the beasts, nope! not dying for the second time!'

[Ik it's cringe but please.]