Chapter 4

*5 days later*

"Mornin' sleepyhead," you say softly, bringing in a steamy cup of coffee. His bright eyes, drooped with sleep, made you frown 'I was wrong about him.' Standing there in a daze for a moment, "good morning" he says, dragging you out from your thoughts. He wasn't just some headstrong bad boy like you though; there was so much more to him and you were dying to find out without letting yourself go in the process.

-

Scrubbing the rust off of the anchor, the loud chants of pirates skulked the way through the silence of the galaxy, before a large ship (much bigger than yours) slowly faded into view.

"Uh, Jim," You say, jerking your thumb towards the ship heading right towards you. You knew they meant trouble. Swallowing thickly, your face ran pale as they started aiming arrows at your boat. Grabbing Jim's wrists, you drag him to the captain's cabin. You push him inside and locked the door. You rush to the gun cabinet and throw Jim a blaster "can you use that?" you ask.

"No," he answered truthfully.

You nodded and snatched the blaster out of his hand "okay, then just keep behind me, but take the in case." you say, shoving him a small knife.

You unlocked the door and ran out, shooting a blast in the air to warn the pirates you are armed. Two of the pirates were already on your boat. You aimed the gun at one of them, blasting off his hat causing him to scream like a child and run back to his ship 'well, that's one down' you thought, turning your attention to the other one - that seemed to be the captain. He was cornering you.

"Jim grab the..." slightly turning your head to look at him, except he wasn't there "Jim!" you turn back to the captain and you see Jim on the other boat with the knife fighting the other crewmates. "UGH, why now, why now?" in a split second you shoot the captain's leg causing him to fall to the ground in agony. Jumping over to their ship and grabbing Jim "what did I say, I said to stay behind me" you snap, grabbing him by the collar and shoving him in the direction of your ship "go get him and bring him here" you demand. Releasing your grip "do you understand?" He nodded and proceeded to grab the captain.

Pointing your blaster at them. "Drop your weapons and put your hands behind your head!" You yell, they all obey. Jim Successfully got the captain back on the ship. Keeping your gun low but still raised you to say "now, leave us alone before someone else gets hurt."

Climbing back onto your ship, you watch them slowly turn away. Looking at Jim with a worried face, your fingers traced along his skin, looking for any cuts or bruises "are you okay, did they get you?" you ask in a quick panic.

"I'm fine," he says, waving it off.

"Then what were you thinking, you could have been killed!" You say, firmly hitting him in the arm.

"I'm really sorry," he says, looking at you with a genuine face.

You have no idea why you did, but you melted into his arms, placing your head on his chest, hooking your arms around him you say, "oh Jim, I'm really happy you're safe!" And it was insane but something about this felt so right. Your eyes closed; you thought he smelt like oceans and daydreams. Your sudden closeness made Jim's heartbeat rapidly.