Chapter 5

You stood alone sifting through the gun cabinet. They were guns your dad collected over the years, gosh was he proud of them! Just standing there, admiring one of your dads most prized possessions made a tear slide down your cheek. He died when you were 12.

Jim entered, you quickly wiped a tear-away "hey, what's wrong" he asks.

"Nothing" you state, slamming closed the door and standing up straight.

Jim took a seat on the window ledge and patted the side next to him, implying for you to sit down, to which you gladly did. "So, tell me about you"

This caught you off guard, you were not expecting that! "W-what do you mean?" you ask

"I mean, tell me about you. I wanna know."

You were never really an open person; you always hated the idea of telling people about yourself. Shaking your head, you say, "oh, it doesn't matter" heat flushed to your cheeks, so you exited the room.

'am I falling for him?' The thought repeated in your mind. I mean, it made sense: the butterflies that now erupt when you see him smiling, or the constant blood that rushes to your cheeks whenever he does anything remotely sweet. But he doesn't want you... right?

That night you sat in your room and gazed out the window, counting the biggest stars in the sky, while pure emotions curled through your body. You have always been so disconnected from your emotions, but somehow James Pleiades Hawkins brings it all out of you.

Your hair was tied back into a loose ponytail, eyes still fixated on the stars. Jim enters, but you didn't notice. Your skin glowed against the silvery light streaming in from the windows, Jim couldn't help but notice your big, bright E/C eyes; the feeling he got from when he first looked into them, returned.

"Goodnight Y/N," Jim said intently.