Part 1

"Carrie amazing choice," I say as I check the back of the book for the price tag and ring her up, "Hope you had a good time at Derby Books here in Salem Mass and have a wicked day!" I fucking hate that slogan more than this job. The last 5 minutes always seem the longest. I start to walk around putting books back before picking up "The Stand" by Stephan King and flipping through the pages always hated this guy something bout his writing is just offsetting. The bell at the door rings signaling someone came in.

"Excuse me we're closed, please leave." Not hearing the bell ring again I roll my eyes before heading to the register "We're closed dude." Suddenly I feel an arm around my neck pulling me back and slightly lifting me up I start to panic as I get goosebumps on my arms wondering if this was actually how I was going to die I open my mouth to yell to anyone walking by

"Don't shit your pants freak" I hear her say as her grip loosens and puts me down and I can turn around. Alice. I haven't seen her in over a year but luckily nothings changed.

"Why the fuck are you here mom said your working at that summer camp again." She started to laugh hysterically before grabbing her knees for balance.

"Damn, she didn't tell you. That's fucked so y'know that super fun summer camp I'm working at this summer," she says sarcastically before lifting herself onto the counter next to the register "Yeah you're going to that, Auntie signed your ass up so she can check herself into that rehab place again,"

Those words hurt more than I thought they would. I always knew mom would end up back there eventually just never knew it was this summer, never knew it would be now. The realization hit me like a ton of bricks, the meetings she said she was going to "her sponsor". Her old needles that she never quite got along to throwing out. How could I let myself be so blind? "When does this super fun camp start?" I asked her walking over to the door to lock it for good and switch the sign to closed.

"A week from now we live this haunted shit hole for another one the second I get my hands on some weed to last me a month." Alice walks towards the door unlocks it, I take this as my sign to follow her but not before grabbing a yellow post it note and writing "I quit!" in bright red and sticking it onto the front of the register. I grab my leather bag and run outside to catch up with Alice.

"Before we leave I'm hoarding as much sage as I possibly can, crystals too."

"Damn, Y/N you move here, and all of a sudden you smoke sage."

"You can't smoke sage dumbass it's for cleansing yourself of negative spirits and protecting yourself." I stare at her blankly trying to figure out how I'm moderately related to her.

"I mean if you can roll it and light it up anything can be smoked" she laughs before bumping into me and putting her arm around my shoulder. "Speaking of the devil's lettuce if you get me weed ill get you those mini shot bottles of vodka you like stick em in your panties in your suitcase no one is gonna touch em, I'll even let you keep em in my mini fridge that only counselors get."

"Yeah I can get you a month's worth but those vodka shots better be fucking cold" I say looking down at my watch to check the time "We can still meet him if we run. " I yell grabbing onto Alices arm and running 3 blocks and banging on the black metal door with the writing "Staff" in bright yellow an it to the tall brick visitors center.

"Open up shithead I got you a client." The door opens and we get pulled in.

"Shut the fuck up Y/N you know the cops have been trying to bust me." Shiloh yells at me before turning his head to Alice. He stared at us both for a minute trying to figure out what was so unsettling.

"She's my cousin dude." I say scooting by him sitting in the only chair in the small 3x4 break room crossing my arms and starting to wonder where my suitcase is and if I have any clean clothes.

"So how much do you need?" Shiloh asks giving me a dirty look for sitting in "his" chair watching me stare off into space.

"like 4 grams I can probably get more from the other counselors," Alice says as she pulls out money from her back pocket and hands it to him."

"Nice bracelet dude." Shiloh remarks before grabbing 4 grams from a secret department under the wooden floor and hands it to Alice who walks over and shoves it in my bag.

"I wish I had a guy like you back up in Shadyside." Alices mutters under breath before opening the metal door leading us back outside.

"Give me a second Alice!" I yell before hearing the door shut and her nodding. I get up and stand in front of Shiloh crossing my arms and looking down.

"Hey my mom's checking herself into that rehab place again so she's shipping me off to Ohio for a little bit." I mubble before looking up at him. Since dads suicide Shilohs always been there for me giving me money or a place to crash when I needed it the most. Before him I never quite understood why people care about their siblings so much or that weird saying how sometimes family is chosen.

"Come here Y/N," he says extending his arms and bringing me in for a hug "you got my number okay if you need me to forge her signature or mail you some crap I'll be here." The hug lasts for a few more seconds before I let go wyping a tear that luckily didn't make it all the way down my face.

As I open the door to leave and walk over to Alice who was sitting on the ground leaning her back up against a building I hear Shiloh yell "Remember don't let any of those country assholes fuck with you alright!" I turn around and wave to him before extending my hand to help Alice up.

She puts her hand around me pulling me
closer again "Trust me Camp Nightwing isn't gonna know what hit em." Alice whispers into my air as we start walking back home.

Word Count 1119. I own no character in this story other than Y/N and Shiloh. 

ALSO IM WRITING ANOTHER FANFIC!!!!!! Its a Max Mayfield x reader and you should definitely check it out.