7

Ziggys POV

"I'm so done with both of you, you each get another strike now get the hell out of my face! What the fuck am I supposed to tell the younger campers about the bunnies," Kurt exclaims rubbing his eyes. Y/N and I taking the hint to get away from him before he gives us another strike.

"It was totally worth it though," I giggle interlocking my arm with Y/N heading back to the cabin. "Did you ask Shiloh to send us the spray cans," I whisper as we walk up the steps to cabin 5 the noise of the shower running and voices yelling from the bathroom.

"Yep, he mailed it out yesterday so it should be here by Friday," she replies sitting on her bed probably searching for a book.

It's been a week and a half since me and Y/N kissed in Alice's cabin. It seemed mutual to not talk about it, since I ran out on them. I should've listened to them and stopped at 2 or just not drunk at all. Alice told me that she saw me behind my sister's cabin and to not worry about it and that she hadn't told Y/N she told me.

"Just in time for color war," I cringed sitting on my unmade bed resting my back on the hard wooden wall separating me and another girl's bed.

"What is color war again? I hear everyone talking about it and I just don't get it," Y/N asked pulling out Deenie by Judy Bloom.

"It's like capture the flag but it's Shadyside verses Sunnyvale and Sunnyvale has won since forever. The campers hide in the woods and try to steal the other team's flag, there's a jailer stuff like that," I respond as the giggling girls from the bathroom run out one of them trailing behind.

"That doesn't sound safe at all there are tics, cayotes, other wild animals, kidnappers and god knows what else in those woods." Y/N rambles using their fingers to count all the things wrong with Color War. Hearing the door shut I sit next to them on their bed them. Y/N opening the book to the first page resting their head on my shoulder.

I place a strand of their hair behind their ear and stop to caress their cheek. Their cheeks turning bright red their finger still planted on the first word of the page. I turn their head to look at me my hand moving to the back of their neck my thumb guiding their jawline up to look at me. Our eyes meet each other gaze I lean down my lips grazing there's.

"Ziggy I swear to God!" Cindy storms into the room the loud bang of the door hitting the wall. Y/N rolling their eyes before bringing their gaze from my lips back to their book. I cross my arms glaring at Cindy. She couldn't have waited 5 minutes.

"Ziggy you do know if you get kicked out of here so do I, understand. I can't be with you all the time here so I need you to stop getting into trouble do you hear me? If you get one more strike I'll have you or Y/N switch cabins, Got it?" Cindy cursed Y/N head perking up with the last sentence.

"Got it," I scoffed rolling my eyes giving Cindy a fake smile hoping to make her leave. Alice entering the cabin her eyes bloodshot red.

"Y/N I'm so done with your shit there's 4 more weeks left of camp stop getting into trouble," Alice sneered meeting Cindy's standard of yelling. Y/N biting the inside of their cheek closing the book. Cindy leaves first Alice leaves next her fingers crossed behind her back sending a sign of relief to Y/N. Alice giving them a sly smirk as she shuts the door.

"Was she serious about having one of us switch cabins," Y/N asks picking at their fingernails out of nervousness.

"Can't be, counselors have always threatened that but I've never actually seen it happen also the camp is completely full I would bet $5 there's not an open bed in any cabin," I remarked calming down Y/N who gave me a smirk of relief.

"Also, is color war optional," Y/N questions picking up their book again. The door swinging open again.

"Cindy I heard you the first time," I yell looking over to see Nurse Lane with the book in her hands. "I'm so sorry," I mumbled.

"Y/N can I talk to you for a minute," Nurse Lane pleaded her eyes wide face paler than usual.

"Of course," Y/N replies getting up from their bed and walking over to Nurse Lane as they shut the door giving me apologetic eyes.

Y/N POV

Nurse Lane walks away from the Cabin and into the woods as if she's on a mission. Pausing every few moments to give me a chance to catch up, once she's sure we're at least 100 yards away from the camp.

"Your mother told me you're from Salem and that you practice witchcraft. So tell me how would one go about making a deal with the devil," she declared angrily. I knew if I ran she could catch me and that I wasn't in a place to question her. After seeing her that night with the shovel I know better than to question crazy.

"You offer something a deal most of the time your would or another's soul in exchange for something. Usually fame, money prosperity. It's not just a new age thing it's been reported ever since the puritan times," I cautioned knowing this was a dangerous path she was going on.

"What about witches what do they do," Nurse Lane asks looking me up and down her first tightening.

"They're healers especially in Puritan times it even says so in the Wiccan and Pagan creation story. This is why they were killed, because no one could explain what they were capable of, some had been reportedly making deals with the devil" I gulp taking a step back.

" In the Salem Trials, Giles Correy cursed the Sherrif and Salem all together and to this day every sheriff has died of some disease correct," Nurse Lane insinuates her eyes lighting up filled with newfound hope.

"I suppose so, they say the curse ended when they moved the sherrif's house out of Salem" I remark trying not to buy into her fantasy but also fearful for my own safety.

"So it is possible for her to have done this and a way to end it. Interesting, well then thank you for your help," she states before walking back into the direction of the camp. I sit down on the grass decided to get some distance between me and the lady.

She's taken this thing way too far, I get her daughter went batshit crazy and stabbed people but so did a lot of the other Shadyside killers. People killing others isn't anything new them having some type of flair about them isn't either. Maybe she did curse Shadyside but it seems impossible that Sarah would harm her daughter specifically.

I sit in silence for another 10 minutes before starting to make my way back to camp following where I last saw Nurse Lane. Looking down for the imprint her boots made on the dirt below her.

"Y/N! Y/N!" I hear Ziggy faintly yell I've been going the wrong way all this time.

"Stay where you are I'll come to you okay," I follow the direction from where I last heard her.

"Marco," I yell hoping Ziggy gets the message.

"Polo," she yells, after a few more times of us each yelling at the top of our lungs we meet each other.

"Y/N I was so worried about you, I saw Nurse Lane come back without you and I thought she murdered you or something," Ziggy rambles pulling me into a hug.

"I'm okay I could just really use a nap now," I panted tightly hugging her back.

"Okay I know you just almost died and all but I do need to breathe," Ziggy sighed causing me to immediately let go and mouth sorry.

"Don't go to Nurse Lane unless you absolutely have to okay," I groaned still processing what just happened.

"Of course," Ziggy affirmed. If she asked why I don't know what I would tell her because I'm not even that sure what she's up to. All I know is something weird is going on with her. I also don't want Ziggy to be near her when she finally decides what to do with the little information I told her.

Words Count: 1446 :)