harry potter

THE BOY NEXT DOOR
[available]

MALLORY SMITH* is a normal girl of twelve. She lives a normal life, in a normal house. With normal family, and normal friends.

Well, there is this one friend of her's that isn't so normal. His name is Harry Potter and he's always been a bit odd, strange things always seem to happen around him. Like that one time he teleported onto a roof, or that time he turned one of their teacher's hair blue, or that time Mallory saw him climb into the back seat of a flying car.

━━━━━  NOTES

i always found it a little unrealistic that Harry had no muggle friends, and I found it unrealistic that no one saw the Weasley's flying car, so this plot was birthed!

i'd imagine that Mallory was Harry's childhood best friend, she would sneak him food, toys, and generally be the only nice person in Harry's childhood. But, as they got older, and Harry went to Hogwarts, they stared drifting apart, and started talking less and less with each other. But that all changed when she saw him driving away in a flying car.

i feel like this plot would be a little hard to write as Mallory doesn't go to Hogwarts ( duh ), and so you can only really write in letters between them and summer breaks, and in most of Harry's summer breaks nothing really happens.

but I'd really like to see this come to life! this plot is dear to me, I actually did try to write myself ( which we won't talk about bc oof ) but ultimately abandoned it. but I'd still like to see it be written.

tbh, this doesn't even have to be written as a romance, it could totally be a platonic friendship fic, it's really up to you, but it would be so so coolz if it was just platonic.